[13] For the things that you need 🗸

{Edited January 8th, 2021}

〖✰〗〖✰〗〖✰〗

THE battle field was silent - minus Natsu's groaning - as the two Celestial Spirits stared at each other in shock. Lucy was looking at the two in disbelief while Angel was smug.

   "Karen's spirit's. . ." Hibiki clenched his teeth. Crystal could hear them grind together from where she stood in the water.

   "What are you doing with Karen's spirits?!" Lucy cried out. Crystal's eyes went wide.

   "Blue Pegasus Karen?" She asked, mostly to confirm. She had heard about Karen from the adults at her guild and from the magazines they sometimes received. Karen was apparently a very beautiful, very powerful Celestial Mage.

   "Well, I was the one who killed her," Angel shrugged, patting Aries on the head like she was a pet. "This is just my spoils of war."

Crystal's ears twitched as she turned slightly towards Hibiki. He was shaking, badly, in rage and his hair was shadowing his eyes. Her breath got caught in her throat. The sound of keys jingling knocked Crystal out of her thought as Lucy swung out her arm.

   "This isn't the way you two should finally meet," She declared. "Close -" Her wrist was caught by Leo, uh, Loke, who was staring at Aries still.

   "Don't look down on me, Lucy," Loke's (Crystal decided) hand shook slightly, but the movement disappeared as quick as it appeared. "She may be an old friend of mine. . .But if our owners differ, we are the enemies. A Celestial Spirit always fights for his master."

   "Even if we owe that enemy a great debt. For our master's sake, we must defeat them." Aries continued.

   "For that is. . ."

   "That is. . ."

   "Our pride!" They shouted together, leaping into battle. Loke's trail was of golden light, while Aries's trail was pink wool. Crystal stared in shock as the two spirits continued to fight.

  Why would someone be so cruel and do something like this? It isn't right. . .

   "Oh? You're actually going to fight?" Angel mused. "Well. . .This should be entertaining enough. So, by all means, go ahead."

Crystal clenched her fists, nails digging into her palm. She didn't want to watch, but she couldn't tear her eyes away from the fight. Loke had sent a punch at Aries and the spirit retaliated with her wool.

Angel watched the fight, quickly growing bored, before finally letting out a hum. "I suppose she isn't really a match for the combat specialist, Leo. . .Ah, well!" Angel brought out a silver key, giving it a wave. "Open, Gate of the Chisel, Caelum!"

A silver weapon of sorts, floating just about the water, materialized next to Angel. The weapon made a weird noise, a golden light starting to grow at the end of the weapon, before shooting a beam at the fighting spirits.

It shot through both of the spirits, leaving a gaping hole in their bodies. Leo coughed up some blood while Aries stared at her master in shock.

   "Aha! A perfect shot!" Angel cheered, barely even giving the wavering spirits a glance.

Crystal let out a yelp of surprise, stumbling backwards. A rock or root tripped her up, sending Crystal backwards into the water. She attacked her own spirit?!

   "Aries. . ."

   "Leo. . ."

Loke was reaching out for Aries while she was doing the same.