[8] And we all still die; Yeah we all still die 🗸

{Edited November 20th, 2020}

〖✰〗〖✰〗〖✰〗

CRYSTAL held her now-healed arm close to her, not wanting to give Brain another chance to re-break her arm. Although, the first time was because of Cobra and his stupid snake.

Whatever, point is, it took out a lot of energy out of Wendy just to heal it.

Speaking of her sister, Wendy was curiously staring at this Jellal person, head slightly tilted. She hasn't moved in quite a while, making Crystal worry even more.

   "Have you made your decision?" Brain asked roughly.

   "I. . ."

   "I have given you more than enough time!" Brain roared, making the two sisters' flinch. "Do it already! Or I'll do worse than break your sister's arm!"

Wendy sniffled, nodding her head quickly before holding her hands out towards Jellal. Crystal closed her eyes, letting her head hit the wall behind her.

She couldn't watch.

   "Happy! Wendy! Crystal!"

At the sound of their names, Crystal snapped her eyes open. Was that. . .

   "It's Natsu!" Happy cheered, his face brightening at the mention of his partner. Everyone looked towards the entrance, as if he would bust through the entrance at once, everyone but Wendy. Tears spilled from her eyes as she continued to heal Jellal.

   "Piece of trash," Brain cursed. "Racer, take care of them."

   "Gotcha." The speedster nodded his head, disappearing a millisecond later. Crystal listened closely, hearing the sound of fighting and ice crackling, before Natsu and Carla, this time, shouted nearby.

   "Happy!"

   "Wendy! Crystal!"

   "Natsu!" Crystal blurted out loudly, Brain turning to glare at the girl as he gave away their position. With no warning, Brain swung his staff at Crystal's head, and clocked her across the face.

   "Hey!" Happy shouted, running over to the fallen girl as she winced in pain. At the same time, Wendy collapsed to her knees and Jellal's eyes flashed open. Crystal's face throbbed as she clutched her cheek, but her eyes were trained on the now-awake man that was slowly stepping out of his coffin.

   "He's awake," Brain said in awe, just as Natsu and Carla appeared at the front of the cave. Their emotions ranged from surprised to complete anger.

   "This can't be!" Carla gasped.

   "Wh. . .What's going on?" Natsu asked.

   "I-I'm so sorry," Wendy cried harder, sinking into a sitting position by the coffin.

   "Natsu!" Happy whimpered, crouched by Crystal's fallen body. His paw was on her shoulders. Crystal winced in pain, wiping a trail of blood that trailed down her face. Brain's awed-filled face transformed into an evil smirk.

   "I'm so sorry. . .I. . ." Wendy repeated, breaking off with a sob. Natsu clenched his fists tightly, his form starting to shake with unconcealed anger. Jellal was standing by Brain, an unreadable expression on his face.

   "Jellal," Natsu growled out, his gaze not even glancing away from the blue-haired man.

   "I. . .I'm so, so sorry," Wendy apologized again, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "I own this man. . .a huge debt. . ."