[10] Oh we all still die 🗸

{Edited January 4th, 2021}

〖✰〗〖✰〗〖✰〗

RUNNING was something that Crystal never wanted to do again.

At least, not for this long.

Playing tag is a completely different story.

Natsu was a good meter or two in front of her, Wendy's blue hair swinging in the breeze over his arm.

Finally, Natsu burst through some ferns and declared; "We're here!"

   "Natsu!" Was the response.

Crystal panted heavily, running through the brush as Natsu placed Wendy on the ground gently. Lucy looked over, a smile of relief gracing her face. She waved her over, gesturing to the shade.

   "Hey, Crystal. There's more shade over here."

Crystal nodded thankfully, walking over and placing Happy and Carla down gently. Her blue hair was in her face, bothering her greatly as she tried to move it out of her face. But her brown eyed gaze didn't leave her sisters' form.

   "What's going on?! Suddenly this map was showing how to get me here, in my head!" Natsu turned to Hibiki in question.

   "That can wait." Hibiki deflected. "Bring Wendy-chan here. Crystal-chan, can you come here for a moment?" Crystal nodded and pushed herself up with a grunt.

   "Oh, yeah!" Natsu exclaimed, leaning over Wendy. He grabbed Wendy by her shoulders and started to shake her back and forth. "Wake up Wendy! You gotta save Erza!"

   "Calm down, Natsu!" Lucy sweat-dropped.

Natsu turned to respond, but was stopped as a force knocked him away from Wendy. Lucy's and Hibiki's eyes widened in shock as they stared at Crystal. Natsu growled, turning around and thinking it was an enemy, before looking at Crystal in surprise.

All signs of tiredness were gone as she stood in front of Wendy protectively, a fierce look in her eyes.

   "Don't do that! That can hurt her even more than she already is!" Crystal  snarled, her voice not matching her figure. A small sigh left her lips before she turned and kneeled beside Wendy. Her voice turned kinder. "Wendy-nee? You've got to wake up now."

  Bipolar much? Lucy thought, before her gaze softened at how Crystal treated her. No. . .She's just protective of her family. . .

She guessed that's what they all had in common.

Natsu slowly made his way back over to the girls, not saying a word. Crystal barely gave him a glance, even as he towered over the two of them. Wendy's brown eyes slowly opened before she pushed Crystal back into Natsu. A startled yelp escaped Crystal's mouth as Natsu steadied her again.

   "I'm so sorry. . ." Wendy whimpered, covering her head. Lucy made her way over to the trio, a gasp caught in her throat as Natsu bowed in front of Wendy.

   "That doesn't matter right now!" Natsu said, "Erza was taken out by a poisonous snake! Please, you've gotta save her!"

A sharp pain shot through Crystal's arm at the memory of the snake. Although it was healed, she wasn't going to take another chance with that thing. . .

   "We need Erza-san's power on our side if we want to defeat the Oracion Seis," Hibiki turned towards the group. Lucy got down next to Natsu, bowing as well.

   "Please, help her!"

There was a moment of silence as Wendy stared at the trio before it was broken by Crystal's giggles. Everyone glanced over at her, causing a blush to form on her face.