It's Been A While

Naruto yawned, it was about 7pm, but he was tired. He came back from a week-long mission this morning and he hasn't been home since. On his way back to his apartment, he decided to take the long way around to enjoy the cool night breeze. He took his time as he saw a familiar place up ahead.

The Uchiha District. Naruto stopped and stared blankly at the fan symbol on the front of the gate. He could feel the nostalgia as a small smile creeped onto his face, but the smile was wiped off his face almost as fast as it came. The name "Sasuke" popped into his head. The Uchiha symbol brought a bittersweet feeling to him.

Having had enough of the nostalgia, Naruto turned to walk away when he suddenly heard a small 'bang'. What the hell? He thought.

The urge to investigate consumed him as he finally snuck into the Uchiha District. As he got deeper inside, he heard a louder sound that sounded more like a 'crash'. He approached a familiar house. I'm more than sure that this is his house. He thought as he saw a figure hanging around the front. Maybe someone was trying to break in.

Naruto stood silently as the figure attempted to force the door open. Okay, they're definitely trying to break in. He thought as he snuck up on the person. "Open already, damnit!" said the other person before Naruto made his move. He grabbed the other's arms and pulled them back.

Before his mind could register what happened, he was met with a swift kick to the gut. At this point, he knew that the person was definitely a guy.

"I knew the day would come when I would get sexually assaulted!" Said the guy as he forcefully pinned Naruto onto the ground. Naruto knew that the voice sounded too familiar to be real. "S-Sexually assaulted?! What the hell?!" Naruto nearly shouted.

"Aha! I caught you, you pervert!" said the guy. "Pervert?! You've got it wrong, you're the bad guy for trying to break in!" Naruto retaliated. "Eh?! It's not breaking in if I own the damn place!" yelled the guy.

Naruto got his leg free and kicked the guy off him before his words sunk in. "What are you saying?" He asked.

"I'm saying this is my house, idiot. Is it that hard of a concept to grasp?" The guy said. No way....it can't be! It's not possible! Naruto thought as his eyes finally semi-adjusted to the increasing darkness.

Sure enough, he recognised the eyes, the hair, the pale skin, and the irritated expression. "S-Sasuke?!" Naruto practically shouted as Sasuke's expression turned into a confused one. "Yeah? Do I know you or something?" He replied as he fixed his hair.

"Huh?! Don't you recognise me?" Naruto said. He really couldn't believe it. Sasuke was right Infront of him, THE Sasuke he was desperately chasing after. It seemed way too good to be real.

"Well considering I just accused you of being a pervert, most likely no." Sasuke smirked. "Hey wait a second, Menma is that you? Are you playing some weird joke on me?" Naruto's heart sank. Menma? He thought.

That's when he realised it. This was not the Sasuke he knew, this was the Other Sasuke. He thought about the last time he got pulled into the infinite tsukuyomi genjutsu world. Maybe he remembers me. He thought as he said "No, I'm not Menma. I'm Naruto."