Chapter 17

I lay in bed just thinking of what had happened the night before, Noah lying beside me, still asleep. Out of everything that I can remember in my life, last night was the best night of my life. It was so flawless, I could remember looking down at the crowds of people, then looking back up and only seeing one thing, Noah.

'Wake up sleepy head.' I leaned over and kissed his cheek trying to wake him up, but it wasn't really working, so I hopped up and went and showered, hoping that by the time I was finished, he would at least be awake. I was on the cold tiles of the bathroom floor, jumping up and down so my feet wouldn't freeze. The shower was taking such a long time to heat up but when it finally did, I jumped in, eager for the warmth to engulf me.

Once I had finished everything I needed to do in the shower, I couldn't help but just stand under the steamy water flowing over me. I thought about what I was going to do after I graduate, I wasn't going to get into Stanford now, I didn't know if I even would pass my finals. I have three weeks to study for this though and so much work to do before then. Then my mind floated away from me and I didn't even know what I was thinking about anymore, I was just thinking.

I was rudely interrupted from my thoughts though, by the door bursting open, 'oh my god, you scared me Noah!' I said once I could see his face. He ran over to the toilet though, 'I think I drank too many soft drinks last night,' he said peeing in the toilet, 'ew Noah, I am in the shower.' I turned it off and got out wrapping a towel around me, 'I am fully aware,' he winked at me still peeing though so I made a disgusted face and left the room going over to my drawers to look at what I should wear today. 'I like these ones,' I heard a voice behind me and turned to see him reaching into my underwear draw and pulling out a pair of red lace panties. I snatched them off him and pushed him away, 'can you please leave me to get dressed?' He grinned at me, 'nothing I haven't seen before.' I pushed his chest back in the direction of the door, 'get out!' I laughed at his fake attempt to stay in one place before finally leaving and closing the door behind him.

I walked downstairs wearing a simple striped t-shirt dress and white converse, not really being bothered with wearing anything fancy. Underneath I had my swimsuit because it was so hot out I thought we might as well take advantage of it and use the pool at some stage today.

I could smell food cooking in the kitchen and started running to find out what it was quicker. 'PANCAKES!' I yelled, when I saw Luca flipping one in the pan, 'hey girlfriend!' he smiled at me, emphasizing the friend,'oh and I made pancakes,' he winked at me. I walked right into the room, seeing Tori at the table and Noah on the big chair beside it. I assumed Elijah was already at the hospital. I went to sit at the table looking down at the newspaper, reading the front page heading, 'Girl wakes up after 2 months of a coma' I saw Brooke's name at the bottom of it and immediately started reading it. 'Brooke Diaz (19) wakes up after 3 months of being in a coma, due to a car accident caused by a drunk driver. She wakes up paralyzed from the waist down, her best friends Sasha Roberts (18) and Tori Vasquez (18) also injured, Sasha with severe memory loss and seizures, Tori came out only with scratches and bruises. It is rumored though that Sasha lost her unborn baby in the crash, irresponsibly getting drunk and then driving while pregnant. Thankfully no one else was killed, however both Sasha and Brooke will be going through a long and hard recovery hopefully getting better for college next fall, we wish them luck, but hope that this never happens again.

Okay, I was beyond pissed, I stood up banging my fists on the table. Their heads snapped up at my sudden outburst, 'have you guys seen this?' Tori took it, Noah and Luca looking over her shoulder, they were obviously skim reading, but when they read it I heard Noah curse, he grabbed the keys and we all followed him out the door. I thought I was pissed, but I guess I had gotten over it now, Noah however was the opposite, he was not calming down for a very long time. 'Noah you shouldn't be driving like this,' I put my hands on his chest stopping him from walking towards the car. He was all tensed up, but stopped when I stood in front of him, 'please just let me get to the hospital.' I looked over at Tori, 'okay, but you have to let her drive.'