Chapter 7

My throat was burning, my head was aching. The constant beeping wasn't helping but this time I knew where I was and what had happened. I hadn't lost any more memory, but sadly, I hadn't gotten any back. 'How are you feeling?' Rebekah and Tori were standing beside me. 'I'm okay, I just feel weird and really sore.' The nurse pressed a button and only seconds later, I was fine. 'So how did the surgery go?' She smiled at me, 'it went really well, it looks like they have gotten rid of the cancer. You will still have to do radiation therapy to get rid of any remaining cancer cells but other than that, you should be cancer free. Unfortunately, your memory hasn't been restored. Yet. But there is still hope.'

'Thank you,' I looked up at her, 'how much longer will I have to stay in here for?'

'You can leave any time after tomorrow, just make sure that you are going to be comfortable at home and you are okay with walking and any other everyday activities, by yourself.' I thanked her and she left me in my room. Maybe I just woke up from an operation but I feel on top of the world! I can go home tomorrow!

********

The rest of the day was pretty boring, Luca bought me McDonald for lunch and Noah and I watched movies all afternoon. I would say that I can't wait to go home and sleep in my own bed, but I can't even remember what my bed feels like so right now, being in hospital is all I remember really. Noah and I weren't really together, but we cuddled a lot and I lay beside him when we were watching movies. I have technically known him like this for only a couple of weeks, but I know that I am falling back in love with him again. He hasn't been pressuring me into going out with him and he hasn't left my side even when we found out I killed our baby. Technically.

He slept beside me that night, and I felt so at peace beside him that I slept better than I had in over 2 weeks. I even slept in the next morning. 'Sasha, I brought breakfast,' I was being woken up by someone lightly rubbing on my shoulder, 'you can go home today,' I opened my eyes to see Noah, in his hand a Starbucks cup, 'oh my god thank you!' I took a sip, groaning in appreciation. 'What time is it?' He looked down at his phone, 'eleven thirty.' Wow, I never sleep in that long. 'So when can I go home?'

'Rebekah said anytime today you can be free, but you have to come back in a couple of days to start your radiation therapy.'

It only took me 20 minutes to pack and get dressed and I was out signing my release papers. I gave Rebekah a hug and said thank you before almost running out the door, well more of a walk because I hadn't gotten up to the running stage yet, but it was better than my slow amble! When I got in the car, I turned in my seat to look at Noah, 'you know what I want to do?' he looked at me and asked, 'What?'

I grinned, 'Go on a road trip, all round the US, go for a couple of weeks, get to know what's been going on in the country that I have no idea about!'

You know that would be a good idea but we all still have one month left of school, you are probably going to have to go back next year, you would have forgotten everything you have learnt in the last however many years.' I thought about it for a moment, 'that's a good point, but I might pick everything back up pretty fast considering I have already learnt it, and I could always pass my finals, then maybe I could get private tutoring for next year AFTER the road trip and start college a couple of months late, Luca told me I have the grades to get into any college I want, I'm sure they will understand my situation!'

'It isn't actually a bad idea, there will be a lot of pressure on you at school in the next month, you won't be accepting any sympathy from teachers, you will have to be doing extra.'

'Yes sir.' I laughed at him, he was like my dad. 'Hey I saw this in the bin in your hospital room, why did you throw it out?' I looked at what he was holding, it was the small wrapped gift my parents had sent me, 'I don't want it.' He looked at me with a sad face, 'why not?'