Chapter 1

It's been three weeks since my parents died and today is the day that I'm supposed to get out of bed paint on a smile and talk. Talk to to my friends, my teachers and what's left of my family. Today's the day I face the world. Getting out of bed I stripped out of my clothes I had been wearing for the past week. If I have to be so positive, why not start now? I walked into my bathroom and pressed play on my phone, singing into my hairbrush made me feel better, so did showering actually, I should've tried that some time in the last three weeks. Yeah I know it's gross, but I have an excuse.

It was in the shower that I decided I wasn't going to go back to that hell hole of a school, always being upset and letting everyone sympathize me. I am going to go back strong, determined and ready to graduate with good marks, but with style.

I donned a white leather jacket over a loose red tank and light denim skinny jeans my red Pumps really set off the outfit, I've never really made a big effort with my appearance before but I want to seem confident so that I don't look like I'm dying from the inside. Holding the truth inside but it only hanging on by a thread.

'You ready little bro?' I asked my brother, Caleb, while I was walking down stairs, let's just say that he wasn't handling this any better than I was. 'Yeah, whatever' I guess that was the best response I was gonna get. He hadn't really taken the hole thing well either, all though he has been at school for the past two weeks, I just wouldn't have been able to handle it.

On the drive to school we didn't speak much, I just turned up the music and pretended I was listening to it until I actually was. That's what you had to do right? Our family was never extremely wealthy, but our parents had good jobs and always made sure we went to good schools, that's why I go to a private high school. People call us snobs and I never understood why but driving into the car park today I could see, its weird how I'm looking at everything from such a different perspective now, but the big three story, immaculate building surrounded by expensive cars and people in designer, fashionable outfits really did seem so different today, It seems like I don't belong. I wanted that to change!

"Remember, don't say a word." I didn't have to look over at Caleb to know he was understood.

I hopped out of our Volkswagen, threw my jacket over my shoulder and strutted my way into school, I could see people looking at us with sympathetic looks, well I could see girls giving me sympathetic looks, all the boys were staring at my jeans, wondering if I was the same girl from the funeral, and you know what I did? I smirked at them, if I smile, I will look innocent and I will look how I used to look, but now, I'm coming back strong, and the opposite of whatever I used to be. Now I look like the new and Improved Sasha Roberts.

I had nearly made it in the doors when my best friend since birth attacked me in a hug, a huge grin on her face. When my parents died I kind of shut everyone out and apart from the funeral I haven't talked to any of my friends since it happened, I feel really horrible, 'Sasha, I've missed you! Everyone can't wait to see you' Even though I only caught half of that because she was talking so fast, I knew what she was saying, 'come on they're this way!' she grabbed my hand and began dragging me down the hallway, but I stopped and pulled her back into a hug 'Brooke, I have missed you so much you have no idea, I'm so sorry.' Even though every muscle and bone in my body was crying right now, I stuck to my word and didn't let my lip quiver or a single tear escape. 'Let's go see them.'

When I walked around the corner I grinned so much it hurt, my boyfriend of two and a half years was standing at the end by my locker staring at me, I ran up to him and hugged him, he picked me up and spun me around in a circle, 'Noah,' I whispered in his ear. He kissed me and I kissed him back, I really did wish I hadn't just shut everyone out when it happened, but now I have them all back, speaking of which, my three other closest friends came speeding around the corner and all collapsed onto me at once, Tori must have given them all the talk, because all I could imagine in my head last night was them asking if I was OK and how was I doing, instead, my gay best friend Luca looked at me once and said, 'girl, what are you wearing, the last time you came to school you were sporting a hoodie, sweatpants and converse, You look gorgeous!'