Chapter Fourteen

When you opened your eyes you were face to face with Naga. You saw Korra laying on her back weak. You crawled, it felt like your bones had turned to ice and were fragile and brittle. You crawled onto Naga trying to warm Korra with your own body heat. You weren't important anymore. Just a fire bender. She was the Avatar. A huge piece of the world. Balance. Korra had to live. You could survive a bit of frostbite. You could feel every step Naga. The determination in it, she was so set on Korra and I living that she even began sprinting through the snow. Panting hard as we entered the city. You jolted awake when she howled, low and loud. Like a song. Wind kissed your skin along with the voices of people. You looked up seeing Mako move to scoop you into his arms. You shook your head, moving and landing on your feet swaying until you fell against Naga. You were having a hard time breathing but made sure Korra was safe before taking that one step that felt like a leap. Then you collapsed the road rushing towards you. You were caught, thankfully, by Bolin. He plucked you from the ground carrying you.
"Oh (YN). Are you okay?" He asked concerned.
"Is Korra okay?" You asked.
"Hey, don't worry about Korra. Worry about you." Bolin scolded.
"Hey. Korra has to live. I am a nobody. I am not important, not anymore." You said in distress as Bolin set you in the saddle of the Sky bison. You curled into a ball shaking. Before you fell asleep you felt a brush against your cheek.
"I think your important." You heard a voice whisper then it was gone with the smell of cinnamon. The smell of Mako.
--------------------------------------------
When you woke up you were on the couch in front of a fire. Korra curled under a blanket next to you. Mako and Bolin asleep against the couch and Asami sound asleep in the arm chair. You smiled at your team. Your family. You looked over at Korra watching her teal eyes flutter open and meeting your (EC) ones. You smiled at her and met r half way across the couch hugging her. The movement woke up the bending brothers. You were lifted off the couch into a bear hug provided by Bolin.
"Bolin, can't breathe." You gasped. Bolin set you down instantly. You looked at what you were wearing, Korra's pajama pants. Asami's purple tank top she wore under her jacket. Bolin's jacket. And most importantly, Mako's scarf. You smiled down at the clothes.
"Wow guys, thanks for the outfit." You laughed. You realized the sleeves for Bolin's jacket were to long turned to Korra with a grin. You gave a quick cute pose with a giggle. "How do I look." You laughed. When you and Korra were in that snow prison you both liked to try on clothes that Katara wore or Pema brought when she visited with Tenzin. And the sleeves were always to long. Korra burst into laughter.
"I feel like I'm missing out on something." Bolin chuckled. Our laughter woke Asami up. Asami jumped from the arm chair clinging to Korra's back. You laughed as the surprised yelp Korra let out. You then announced the most important news of your life.
"I'm hungry." You smiled. You quickly got dressed in the usual stuff and leapt into the dining room sitting down. You listened to Korra's recap not adding anything like your own experience with Tarlok. You ate happily ignoring the drama going on in the kitchen. It was only twenty minutes later when it happened. At first you didn't know how to handle the situation. The explosions and the screams. The worst was that one word that echoed in your mind. Amon. The man who could take people's bending. Amon. The man who took your bending. Amon. The man attempting to take your city. You sprinted to the front of the temple. There Tenzin stood, bombs dropping from the fleet that hovered above the city.
"This is Amon's end game. And we are helpless against him."

A Little Light Mako x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें