Chapter 3

You and Korra stood in the locker area waiting for Hasook to show. But he never did. It was the two minute mark before the match and Korra was going on. You watched her throw the guy over the edge and groaned. You still watched unaware of the crowd's attention on you. You were barely listening to the radio guy but when you tuned in he was talking about you.
"The entire crowd is still dying to know, who is this girl and how did she manage the best seats in the house." His voice echoed in your head. You weren't mysterious or eye catching why would they focus on you. You zoned out the rest of the match unaware of Korra's air bending technique. When they announced the Fire Ferrets win you cheered just like everyone else. When Korra walked off you hugged her tightly.
"I'm so proud!" You laughed ruffling her dark hair. Korra laughed to lifting you off the ground.
"Tenzin caught me." She smiled sheepishly.
"Of course he did." You rolled your eyes. You high fived Mako and Bolin. "You were incredible!" You grinned.
"You were on the radio! Our mysterious Ferret fan." Bolin laughed wrapping an arm around your shoulder goofily.
"You should come to our practice tomorrow morning." Mako half smiled.
"Sure." You agreed.

The next morning you were half asleep while watching the team practice. You snapped awake when Korra threw the ball so hard it knocked Mako over. You stood up walked towards them pulling Mako to his feet.
"Now children, play nice." You teased. You heard the door creak open and turned to see a man way taller than you and three times your size. You arched an eyebrow.
"Hello my team of ferrets. I have your winnings." He smiled evilly.
"But then there's the rent, Avatars gear, equipment, and then the personal loan for groceries." There was no money left in Mako's hand by the time he was done. You frowned at the man. "Also you need 30,000 uons by the end of the week for the tournament." Then the man was gone. The room was silent.
"No Bolin. I will figure it out. Don't do anything stupid while I figure it out." Mako sighed before Bolin even opened his mouth. You placed a light hand on his shoulder.
"You both will figure it out." You whispered walking out with Korra. Half way through the day Bolin came by. Together you walked downtown, you were going to help him raise some money. It wasn't until he accepted a job from the triple triad that you knew it was wrong. You went with him and sat in the car ignoring his green gaze. When you got to the house you sweat not thugs but equalists. You saw them, so did the triads but they figured they could take them. You stayed in the car until the door was yanked open. Before you could even bend a single element you were knocked out.

When you woke you were in a cell, Bolin huddled near you. You looked up. Even in the dark his green eyes shone with tears.
"Bolin." You breathed looking at him with a furrowed brow.
"(YN) I am so so sorry. This is all my fault. Mako told me not to do anything stupid and I did anyways." He cried. You went to rub circles on his back to sooth him only to find out your arms were tied. You leaned over to him resting your head on his shoulder.
"Oh Bo. You did what you thought was right. Nothing could have warned you about this. It's not your fault if anything its malls for letting you go out and shutting you down before you even to try. You are perfectly okay." You hummed.
"You really think so?" Bolin sniffles setting his head on yours.
"I know so." You whispered. You were unafraid or looked that way when you were pulled on stage the lights heating you and blinding you too. You could here Amon but none of his words actually stuck in your memory until Bolin stood up. You looked up at him wide eyed in fear.
"It'll be okay." Bolin whispered as he stood up. You cried out like everyone else when steam filled the air. You felt your ropes disappear and you raced after Mako and Bolin while they were going down the ladder one other equalist approached. You called out a warning to late. You were thrown off the ladder first then the ladder itself was electrocuted. You stood up taking your water out of it pouch. You Bolin and Mako stood in a triangle shoulder to shoulder ready to fight. The three of you lasted as long as possible it wasn't until the guy had his electric things pressed into your painfully shocking you. Your vision was black and you didn't open your eyes until you were at the temple water on your forehead and Korra healing your burns. Mako, Korra, and Bolin's worried eyes on you.
"I'm fine." You whispered.