Chapter Six

You sat at the table surrounded by other men who were in Tarlok's task force. You tapped your fingers together nervously. You listened to the plan attentively. You sat crouched in the back of a truck with the other men before hopping out nimbly. You crouched low staring through wood planks Tarlok by your side. You watched the Chi blockers move swiftly jabbing at each other. You took mental note before you noticed the water near you. You took a deep breath before flooding the entire basement floor. You slid through freezing the beginners to the ground watching one escape. You ran after them noticing the trip wire to late. You flipped watching two trained blockers attack you. You knocked the one out using air to smack them against the wall the other one advanced towards you until they were suddenly frozen to the wall. You looked up seeing Tarlok. You nodded in thanks. Press took pictures greedily as you walked across the floor you smiled slightly. The next mission you went on was to another Chi blockers camp. All the missions were similar and always were successful. Until the one before Korra's first match in the finals. You were unfocused and ended up get electrocuted. Nobody saw but you bit back the pain you could feel until you leaned against a wall trying to breath.
"(YN)? Are you okay?" You heard Tarlok ask.
"In fine just a little shocked." You hinted at your injury. Tarlok's eyes flickered with understanding. After pictures you walked home. On your way you saw the gym lights on. You opened the door carefully seeing Korra, Mako, and Bolin all circled in the middle. You walked in at the same time as Asami who despite the whole Mako situation you got along with great. You walked in as Asami approached as well. You tackled Korra laughing.
"How was your mission?" Korra and Bolin asked.
"Eh. Not the best a bit more shocking than the others." You smiled. Korra was taking your arm guards off in a flash finding the injury instantly and healing it quickly. You loved being healed. The way the water was cool and moved over your skin before heating and knitting a protective new layer on your skin. Bolin watched with interest.
"So Bo. How's training been?" You asked the earth bender.
"It's great! Especially with Korra around so much to practice but it's been lonely without you to show off to us and all." Bolin grinned.
"It also helps you know the rules like nobody else, we had to use the handbook." Korra added taking the water off your skin.
"Thanks Kor. And I feel loved." You chuckled.
"Mako even comments on your absence." Bolin put in.
"The great broody moody Mako notices my presence? I'm amazed an honored." You gasped sarcastically. Bolin and Korra left. "Well I'm going to head back to the temple. See ya Bo!" You grinned waving you even waved goodbye to Asami. You got home to the temple in time to train with Tenzin for a bit until it began to snow. You went inside and threw on a hoodie and walked out to help Korra feed the lemurs. When you walked out you beard Pema giving love advice to Korra about Mako. You wanted to blow Korra out of the temple. You wanted to cry when Korra got this look of determination and courage. You walked to a spot you liked to visit when you needed to think, a bench in the old meditation area. You pulled your knees to your chest. You sat the shadow before you saw them. You turned looking at Meelo.
"What's wrong?" He asked tilting his head to the side. You pulled the child into your laughing him like a teddy bear despite his struggle against you.
"Meelo. Korra likes a boy. But I like a guy too. What do I do?" You asked.
"Stay away from boys, your to young for them and I'll beat them all up, just for you." Meelo said boldly. You sighed releasing the kid.
"So. What are you going to do?" An old wise voice asked.
"I don't have a clue. I might try the Meelo take on things." You sighed. You looked up at the air bender.
"Don't. I know Korra and you like the same guy and he already has a beautiful girlfriend Ms. Sato if I'm correct." Tenzin said.
"Yeah. Korra needs someone like Mako where they are equal in almost everything." You scrunched up your nose.
"Well sometimes balance is more important than equality. I think you should see how Korra's attempt goes then give your best shot soon afterwords. That's pema's strategy." Tenzin chuckled. You stood up thanking Tenzin before sprinting into the nearest boat and making your way to the arena. By the time you got there the fire ferrets had won.
"I missed it." You groaned as you saw Korra taking off her helmet. You laughs at Bolin's enthusiasm as he gave you a play by play. You could sense tension and decided t just go out and get some tea from the Jasmine Dragon. By the time you were home Korra wasn't there. You sighed and walked to your room where you cried for the for time in years.