Chapter Eight

You haven't left the temple since Amon took your bending. Nobody bothered you either. You ate very little and were overly jumpy. The boy's visited daily, talking and encouraging you. Nothing could comfort you in the time of need. You needed your bending to feel whole, it felt like part of you was missing gone just not there anymore. This is how you imagined it'd feel if Korra died or left you. You had never been this alone or scared. You flinched at every touch. energy the air bending kids knew to leave you alone. The closest thing to leaving the temple you got was meditating down at the beach, and being the leaf. It reminded you of strong and confident you were. You now sat at the beach in the freezing cold tonight was Korra's final match of the tournament. You were going to go too just to feel what non benders feel while watching. When you left the beach you felt almost new. Almost is what you felt every time you left the beach. Just almost. Never all the way. Everyone was terrified you would someday leapt into that ocean and just leave them. Die surrounded by what you used to love. As inviting as it was you wanted to see Amon get caught. You wanted him to pay for the things he did to Korra then lay for what he did to you and all of republic city. It made you furious thinking that Amon could win. You looked around, the temple it's blue and ivory walls holding the most sacred things. It made you sad and mad to realize that if Amon won this place would be destroyed. You walked inside the temple throwing on a pair of black jeans and a (fc) sweater before heading to the arena. When you got there Korra was hanging on the edge of the court. You let out a shriek of Korra's name knowing it came like a whisper compared to the crowd. You ran to your usual seat watching the illegal moves. You groaned and shouted with the rest of the crowd until electricity ran through the crowd. Amon was here. You heard footsteps and launched yourself over the railing diving into the drink perfectly. You landed just in time to be electrocuted. Your scream rang through the area along with the Fire Ferrets. You felt the world spin before it went dark. You woke tied to a different post than the Ferrets. You opened your eyes watching Pabu chew through the ropes. You looked up at them.
"Hey guys." You whispered as Korra untied you. You stood meeting the boy's gazes levely.
"(YN). Why did you jump into the drink?" Mako sighed.
"Equalists were almost in the locker room anyways." You rolled your eyes.
"You came to watch us play?" Bolin asked.
"This was important to you guys. I had to be here based off of team code." You half smiled.
Then Korra was gone in a whirlwind of water. You were wrapped in a pair of arms as soon as she left, a head laying gently on top of yours.
"You are insane." Mako whispered. You sighed wrapping your arms around his mid section, you were freezing and Mako was warm.
"I know." You whispered. You inhaled Mako one time before leaning away. You looked at Bolin and he was wrapped around you in seconds.
"You are a great friend (YN)." Bolin sniffles. You looked up past his shoulder and saw Korra falling. Instantly you panicked and went to bend only to remember you couldn't. Beifong had to save Korra.
"I never realized how much I depended on my bending. Part of me is missing, but not all the way. I can feel it simmering. I'm just hoping that small spark will turn It into a fire." You spoke softly.