Chapter 104: Balloons

Start from the beginning

"What about everybody else?" I asked him.

"Well, let's just keep this to our own for now." I stood up straight. "Really?" I questioned. "Look, if we had time to bring the people along, sure. But we haven't had a chance to catch our breath." He said.

"Really?" I sighed. "We're in here together. We're catching our breath right now. Anything else is just excuses."

Deanna walked up with a folded up paper. "What's that?" Rick asked. "Plans for the expansion." She said. "We got a few other things on our plate right now." He told her.

"I know. These are for what Alexandria can be after this. Because one way or another, there's going to be an after this." I took the plans from her and looked at them. They weren't bad.

~~~~~~~~

I was talking to Tara as we took watch. "So, what do you think is going to happen after all this?" I asked her.

"Hopefully we'll install some jacuzzis cause Heaven knows I could use one." She joked. We laughed about it. Her face went from smiling to serious within a matter of seconds. She pointed behind me. I turned around and saw Spencer climbing a rope across the walkers and out of the safe zone, onto the ground. The problem is, the grappling hook is coming off.

Rick noticed too. "Spencer! Get back here! Spencer!" He yelled at him after he climbed up the ladder. "Spencer!" He yelled again.

He lost his grip or something and his legs fell off the rope. His shoe flung off in the process. He held onto the rope for dear life. The walkers below were trying to grab his feet. "Tara, watch my back." I don't have a good angle, so this is the only plan I have.

"What are you gonna..." She didn't get a chance to finish her sentence. I loaded my gun and hung over the side of the wall with one arm. That's all I held onto the wall with. One arm.

I shot the walkers that were trying to eat him. His hands slipped and he fell from the rope. He landed in the middle of the walkers. I shot them over and over again. This got the attention of Eugene and Rosita, along with a lot of other people. Rosita and Eugene stood behind me. "Ariel, I do not believe that's a good idea." Eugene told me.

"He doesn't deserve to die, either."

"What about you?" Rosita questioned. "Maybe I do."

Ellie and Joel came running up. "Ariel, get back in here!" She yelled at me.

"Wait till Spencer is okay, then I'll get back to you."

"She's gonna get herself killed." I heard Ellie say.

It all happened so fast. One second I was dangling on the edge of the wall and the next I was laying on the ground outside of Alexandria. I heard several people yell my name. The walkers noticed me. About half stayed with Spencer and the other half went towards me.

Joel climbed up on the place we take watch and dangled over the side. Half of his body was outside and the other half was inside. "Ariel, jump up!" He told me, panic in his voice.

I got a running start and leaped up and grabbed his hand. It took all the effort I had in me, but I finally got it. "Come on, Joel!" Ellie cheered him on.

"I'm trying, I'm trying!" He said.

He finally pulled me up and we all fell on the ground, panting. That was a very close one.

Rick was having trouble pulling Spencer up, so someone else helped him. Morgan ran up and helped, too. Eventually, they got Spencer up and alive. No scratches, no bites.

I almost died there, but I saved someone in the process. Rick looked over at me. "Ariel, what the hell?" He yelled at me.

"What?" I barely said.

"That's the second time you've almost died for these people, what were you thinking?" He yelled back.

I flipped him off. He looked back at Spencer and started asking him questions.

~~~~~~~~

I was walking towards Maggie when Rick stopped me. "Sorry about before. I was just-- he was stupid." He said.

"That we know." I joked.

"I just meant what you did for him, you didn't have to."

"I know."

"You could've died."

"I know." He barely smiled. "Rick. Thank you." Deanna said. "Thank Ariel." He said.

"Already did."

I walked back over to Maggie. I started up a conversation. "Ariel, I'm starting to lose hope." She said.

"Maggie, don't you start doing that. I'm telling you, Glenn is out there and he's fighting his way back to you. Don't stress out about this." I told her. "I know, I just-- I can't stop thinking." She looked down. I looked straight up and saw green balloons flying in the distance. I put my hand on her shoulder. "Maggie, look." I told her. She picked her head up and saw the balloons.

We both jumped down and ran towards Rick and Deanna. "That's Glenn. That's Glenn." Maggie said. "I told you!" I said. She gave me a hug.

Just then, a board fell off the church on the other side of the wall. A lot of creaking could be heard, a lot of it. That's when the church began to crumble. It fell and it was heading inside the Alexandria safe zone.

I don't know who it was, but I heard someone yell run. This got the attention of everyone in the immediate area. We all turned our backs and ran as fast as we could.

Ellie had my arm and was running with me, but somewhere in all of this chaos, I lost her.

After the church came tumbling down, the walkers began to pour inside. Oh, great. Here we go again.

~~~~~~~~

I had to skip a few episodes, sorry! But it's all okay cause I updated, right? Anyway, goodnight! My thumbs hurt and all my fingers are cramped.

~~~~~~

I changed this chapter of the story a little bit. You might want to read it again.