Chapter 104: Balloons

Glenn's POV

After I was sure the herd had left, I crawled out from underneath the dumpster. I had been there forever. I stood up and stretched. "Heads up." I heard a girl say, but I didn't see one. A water bottle came hurdling towards the ground. I let it fall and it busted. "I said heads up." I looked up and found the girl. She was on a building.

"Enid?" I questioned. Or maybe I'm just crazy. I haven't eaten in a while, so. She walked off. I followed her. I walked into some building. "Enid." I called out.

"What are you doing out here?"

"There's another water bottle in the corner. Take it and go." She said. Where is she at? "You're not gonna answer me?" I asked her. "No." She simply said.

"What happened in Alexandria? We heard that sound. The gunfire," she didn't say anything after a while, "Enid!"

"What happened is what always happens. People died."

"The herd broke through the walls?" I asked her.. "What herd?" She asked. "The walkers. They broke out of the quarry early. We got on them, but that sound, that air horn, what was that?" I asked her.

"It was people. You should go." She said.

"My wife Maggie, she okay?" She didn't answer. "Enid! Is Maggie okay?" She didn't answer me again. "Enid! Answer me!" I yelled at her.

Ariel's POV

I was outside with Chase. We haven't talked in awhile, but now's a better time than never. Joel and Ellie were a few feet away. Morgan was training. Rick walked by. "Morgan. We haven't talked yet. We should. A little later, okay?" He said.

"Okay." Morgan agreed. That can't be good. I looked over at Maggie and saw her standing watch again. "I'll be right back, Chase." I told him. He nodded and walked towards her.

"You don't have to be up here so much." I told her. She didn't even look at me. "I won't be. This is the direction he'd come in. If he sends up a signal, it'll be from out there."

"Yeah." I said, agreeing with her. "Or it won't be." She shook her head slightly.

"When we go out there, it's never easy, it's never simple. It's always a fight. But we've come back from harder things. From further away. Glenn, Abraham, Sasha, my brother, they will too." I assured her.

"maybe we don't have to wait for them to be back. We should start figuring out how to draw the walkers away. We have some food and water to last us a while and the walls are holding." She told me.

"Let's take our time. Really think it through. Do it right. Clear it so they can walk right in instead of running through and hoping I didn't die like I did." I said.

"You haven't been taking watch at all but your brothers out there. How is it you're not worried?" She asked me.

"Because he's Daryl and he's a fighter. He's not going to let one measly walker take him down or one shiny bullet kill him. And I know Glenn's the same way. As long as you're here, he's never going to leave you alone. You've just gotta be strong and patient and remember that Glenn and Daryl are coming home."

She smiled at me. "Thank you."

~~~~~~~~

I was talking to Rick about this whole situation. "If we could somehow get outside the walls, get back to our cars at the quarry, we could use them to draw them away. We'll set up more watch points. Carl, Tara, Rosita, Carol."