Chapter 97: I Want You To Stay

That's what Ariel was wearing⤴️⤴️

~Ariel's P.O.V~

I went upstairs after some bearded man told me to. I'm not even sure why I listened, to be honest. I think it's because I needed to get away for a few minutes. I heard a knock at my door and got up to answer it. It was Chase.

"Hey, Jessie's throwing a party tonight. Are you coming? Everyone else is."
Everyone else includes my brother... Should I go?

"Yeah, I guess. Send Maggie up here." He nodded and left my doorway. A few minutes later I heard another knock. I answered the door again. "You wanted to see me?" She asked. I sighed and gave her a big smile.

"What am I gonna wear?"

•~•~•~•~•

I knocked on Jessie's door. She smiled at me and thanked me for coming. I walked inside and immediately saw Rosita. I went to stand by her until I saw something to do. I finally saw something that caught my eye; the food table. I immediately walked over there and began to stuff my face with cupcakes and cookies.

~Maggie's P.O.V~

I watched Ariel stuff her face with all different kinds of sweets. Someone brushed passed her and I looked up and met eyes with Daryl. Oh, no. I remember what the man I soon learned was Joel told us. Make sure they aren't even in the same room.

"Hey, Ariel! Come check this out." I said. Glenn gave me a confused look. "Check what out?" He quietly asked me.

"I don't know, but they're not supposed to be in the same room together and they are." I explained. He again gave me a confused look. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Daryl and Ariel." I finally said. Ariel approached us. I groaned. "You just missed it." I said. She nodded and began to walk back to the sweets.

I went around to our large group and let everyone know that they can't be together. Now I have all eyes on them at all times. They can't possibly get into an argument now, can they? Daryl bumped into her and she looked up and glared at him. "Got a problem?" Just as Glenn was about to call her over, Rick beat him to it. He started talking to her and they shared a few laughs together. So far, Jessie's party is a great success.

~Chase's P.O.V~

Ariel looked so beautiful tonight. It was actually hard not to stare at her. She had almost every guy's attention. She was the definition of perfect. It amazes me how one girl could have so many beautiful features. I couldn't pick out one flaw about her. Daryl kept passing her. For some reason, I feel like he's trying to get a reaction out of her.

I heard Ellie whisper something similar to what I said to Joel. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. I had already forgotten what sparked this feud between them. Daryl 'accidentally' ran straight into her, causing her red wine to go all over her white pants and her black crop top. She gasped and stepped back. The entire house fell silent to watch what she was going to do next.

She grabbed what was left of the wine in the bottle and poured it all over his head. She wiped her eyes and ran out of the house. I could tell she was crying because she was embarrassed. I looked at Daryl and said, "Good job." Then followed Ariel out onto the street. He tried to follow me, but Glenn stuck his hand out and prevented him.

I ran out the door and found Ariel standing in the middle of the street. I walked up to her.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. She sniffled and made eye contact with me. I gave her a small smile and she shook her head. "I'm tired of him. He keeps pushing me and pushing me and I can't take it anymore. I'm tired of trying, Chase."

"Wh-what are you saying?" I asked. She gave me a slightly sympathetic look. "I want to leave. I want to run away. And I want you to come with me." She said as she grabbed my hands. I squeezed them only a little bit.

"What, Ariel that's crazy talk. You want to leave? Do you even know how long we will last out there? We need shelter, food, protection. This place provides all of that. We need to stay." I tried to convince her.

"Chase, I'm going with or without you. If you want to come then I'm leaving in 20 minutes. If you don't, then I'm sorry." She let go of me and ran back to our house. I stood there dumbfounded. What do I even say? Do I go? Do I stay? I don't know, girls are so confusing.

I ran back to our house and busted through the door. "Ariel! Ariel, are you in here?" I asked. "Upstairs!" She called out. I ran up the stairs. "You're not leaving." I said. "I didn't ask for your permission." She said as she packed everything up.

"You're really going to leave your brother?" I asked. "That.....thing is not my brother. Daryl is long gone." She responded. "And what about me? You could do that to me?" I asked.

She stopped packing and stared at me. "I told you that you could come along. Make this easy for me, Chase. Come with me, please." I stood there and didn't know how to reply.

"I can't." I finally whispered. "Whatever." She said as she brushed passed me and down the stairs. I followed her every step of the way. "I'm not letting you go." I told her. "I don't want your permission, Chase. I'm a grown woman, I can make decisions for myself."

"Your life is riding on this decision. And so far, it's pretty stupid." I sternly told her. She rolled her eyes and didn't say anything back. "You don't have a comment because you know I'm right." I added on. "Why do you even care? Yeah, you're my best friend, but what's the real reason?" She asked.

"There isn't another reason."

"I've known you for years. I can tell when you're lying. What's the reason, Chase?" She sternly asked. "I'm not going there." I said. We stopped talking for a few minutes because we both know that would result in screaming. "I'm leaving." She said as she walked out the door. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. "You're not going anywhere." I said, anger rising in me. She started yelling over me and I started yelling over her. Neither of us are listening to each other, we're just screaming.

"Why can't I go?" She asked me yet again.

"Because."

"Because why? That's not an answer!" She yelled.

"Because I love you!" I yelled louder than I ever have.

Everything grew quiet. "Because I love you." I said a lot quieter. "And I'm not losing you. I can't." I said in a soft whisper. She stood there and just stared. She didn't say anything. She didn't move. After a few seconds, she stormed out the door. I followed her onto the street. She walked fast but I walk faster. I quickly caught up to her and stood directly in front of her.

"Why? Why are you leaving everyone? Leaving behind your brother? Your friends? Me?" I asked her. I crossed my arms and she did the same. She looked around and didn't even bother to make eye contact. "Answer me!" She jumped at my harsh tone.

"I want to get away from Daryl." She calmly said. I sighed and turned around. "You want to go out into the walker infested woods? Do you know how many people are out there? Terrible people who would be willing to do anything to you? Do you even know what you're in for?" I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah. That's right, you don't know." I said. "You're gonna get yourself killed." I said.

She looked around the street and back at Jessie's place. "What do you want from me?" She yelled at me. I saw the tears brimming at her eyes. My face softened. Am I hurting her?

"I want you to stay." I quietly said as I put my hands on her shoulders. I pulled her in for a hug and rested my head on top of hers. "I want you to say. Is that so much to ask?" I whispered.

"No, no, Chase, I'll stay. I'll stay for you." Something in her voice makes me not believe her, but at least we're done for tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The reason I updated so early was because I'm not going to be able to this weekend.

Hope you liked it! Don't forget to leave a star and a comment!

Goodnight, my lovelies.