Chapter 71: You Know Me

~Beth's P.O.V~

After that Walker attack, I needed to get away from the group for a little while and clear my head. I just chose to walk off into the woods and sit next to a tree. I never expected to stumble upon what I did.

It was a big house. The lights were still on and screams could be heard from the inside. My curiosity got the best of me. I needed to find out what all that noise was. I pulled out my gun and cautiously walked inside the house. Every light was on. The screams were coming from one room and one room only. It was the master bedroom on the second floor.

I walked all the way in there and stood outside the door. I braced myself for what may lie behind this closed door. I grabbed the knob and quickly pushed the door opened. I raised my gun and looked inside. There stood two men right in front of me. One was lying on the ground and I couldn't get a good look at him. The other looked at me wide eyed and dove for his gun.

I blocked his path. "Stand back." I told him. He raised his hands and backed up. "What is going on in here?" I demanded to know. "No offense, blondie but I don't answer to you. You're not my boss." He told me. "You think I won't shoot you right now." I threatened.

"Lady, let's both be honest with each other. If you were gonna shoot me, you'd have done it when I reached for my gun. You don't have the guts to pull the trigger." This man was testing me. Only one way to prove I'm serious. I aimed my gun for his knee and shot him. He fell to the ground and groaned. I heard pounding feet running up the stairs. I quickly closed the door.

"Stinson, I told you not to shoot the-" he stopped talking when he opened the door up and looked at me. "Who are you?" He questioned. I didn't lower my gun. "Stand over there next to him. Now." I told them. He slowly made his way to the bleeding man. "Let me ask one more time. What are you guys doing to this man?" I asked.

"Look, our boss wants information and he asked us to get it. We used the only way we know; torture." I rolled my eyes and walked over to the man lying on his stomach. I turned him over and his hair was all in his face. I put my ear on his chest and checked for a heartbeat. I heard one; a strong one. So that means he's okay. "You're both lucky he's alive."

"Why? It's not like you know him." The guy told me. "I don't care. Torture is wrong." I told them. "Yeah, whatever." He said. "Now, we'll wait for him to wake up."

~ten minutes later~

The man on the floor moved around. I hovered over him. His eyes slowly opened and they quickly widened. "It's okay, I won't hurt you. My name's Beth." I kindly told the man. I held out my hand for him to take and pulled him to his feet. "I know your name." He told me.

I gave him a questioning and confused look. "How?" He moved his hair out of his face. "Cause you know me." Oh, my gosh. Before I could even do anything, he wrapped his arms around me and held me close. "I can't believe you're alive..." I said. We hugged for a few seconds longer then slowly let go. "Ariel doesn't know. We have to surprise her!" I grabbed his hand and walked out the door. "I can't wait to see her reaction!" I beamed.

~Ariel's P.O.V~

I was sitting on the steps of the church talking to Chase. Things haven't gone very smoothly this week, but seeing him was the highlight of my week. We were talking about high school and all the people we liked and hated. It was rather fun. "What about that Kelsey girl?" He asked me. "Oh, she was the worst! One time, she stole my pearl necklace!" We laughed.

I heard a lot of commotion come from the back of the church. I heard laughter. "Let's go see what's going on." I told him. We stood up and walked there. I saw Maggie hugging someone. Oh my gosh, it was Beth! I ran as fast as I could to her. She let go of Maggie as soon as she saw me. We ran and hugged each other so tight. "I'm glad you're okay. I thought something terrible had happened."

After everyone was done hugging, she gathered the group for something. "I have a very very nice surprise. Everyone will love it, trust me. Come on out!" She said.

I waited patiently for whatever this surprise was. I heard rustling leaves and then I saw someone come out from the trees. I stopped dead in my tracks when I realized who was standing before me. He looked up from the ground and his expression softened when he saw me. I started walking over to him. That walking quickly turned to running. "Daryl?!" I heard Maggie scream from the side.

Daryl and I hugged for as long as possible. "I missed you so much." I whispered to him. He looped his arm around my neck and went to greet Rick. They did a quick "bro hug." Maggie walked up and gave him a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek. He smiled at her. Michonne was the last to go up. "Glad to see you in one piece." She said as she smiled.

She gave him a quick hug and walked back to Rick's side. "I can't believe you're back. I thought you were dead." I told him. "I can't believe I'm back, too. What did I mi-" he looked away for a minute and caught Chase's gaze. He angrily stormed over to him and grabbed him by the throat. "Put him down!" I demanded. I pulled Chase away and even though I was shorter than him, I still wanted him behind me.

"He works for them!" Daryl shouted.

"What are you talking about? He works for who?" I asked him.

"For the people that took me!"

My fear got the better of me. I turned around and faced him. "No, it's not what you think." He insisted. He reached out for my hand, but I snatched it away. He sighed and looked around. I backed up and stood in front of Daryl.

"Yes, I did work for them. But then i noticed Ariel was in this group and I just couldn't carry out my orders." He explained.

"What exactly are your orders?" Noah asked.

"I was asked to come here and kill you all and take Glenn with me." He told us.

"Why me?" Glenn asked.

"Cause that's the only name Daryl let accidentally slip. I didn't know you would be here." He said while looking at me.

"I thought it would be just some random group of people. Turns out, I really like everyone here. I would do anything for you guys. I just want you to know that. I don't want anyone to feel threatened by me. If you want, you can take my weapons away. You take everything if you want to. I don't care, just please don't kick me out. I have no where to go." Chase begged.

I looked at Rick since he calls all the shots. He walked forward and stood directly in front of Chase. "You can stay, but if you do anything to hurt my family, I will kill you." Rick threatened. Chase nodded his head and walked away.

I turned to Daryl and pulled him into the church. We have a lot of catching up to do.

---------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile.

But at least Daryl is alive!

One of you guys was onto me in a previous chapter, I don't remember who.

But leave a like please! :)