Chapter 76: Shocking News

~Ariel's P.O.V~

It had been a week since my little meltdown with Rick. Neither of us have done as much as look at each other. We've made sure that we are as far away as possible from one another. I've been staying next to Daryl, Beth, and Maggie since then; mostly Daryl. I'm pretty sure things will never be the same.

~Maggie's P.O.V~

I walked out of the church and looked for Glenn. I eventually found him talking to Noah. I pulled him aside. "Wanna go on a run with me?" I asked him. I hope to God he says yes. "Of course I do." I smiled at him. "Great. I'll ask Beth and we'll get going." I found Beth and asked her. She politely agreed. Ten minutes later, we walked off into the woods together. "Where are we going?" Beth asked us. "I'm going to that pharmacy Ariel went to about a week ago."

"Walker." Glenn said while pointing to my left. I pulled out my knife and stabbed it then continued walking. After a short while, we reached the pharmacy. It was pretty much empty, but there were a few things. I found a few batteries and a first aid kit in the back. Beth found some antibiotics and other helpful pills. I'm surprised Rick or Ariel didn't get any of this when they came here.

I walked over to one of the shelves and grabbed myself a little something. "What're you getting?" He asked me. "Just looking around for helpful things."

"You're in the feminine hygiene section." I raised an eyebrow at him. "What?" He asked. Is he really confused? I gave him "the look" one last time. He wore the same confused expression. "For Christ's sake, Glenn, she's on her period." Beth said.

I let out a small laugh. "Ohhh." He said. "If only I had some chocolate." He joked. "Hey, grab all you can of those, would you? Or else we're gonna have some pretty mad women to deal with." Beth yelled from the back of the store. I stuffed as many of them as I could in my bag. Soon after that, I walked around to see what else I could find. It wasn't much, but some of it will do.

"Beth, are you ready to leave?" Glenn asked. She didn't say anything. I gave him a worried look. "Beth?" He yelled out once more. "Stay here." He walked to the back room. "Is she there?" I yelled.

That's weird, he didn't say anything either. What's happening? "Glenn, if this is a joke, it's not funny." I walked to the back room and found someone I thought I'd never have to deal with again; Merle.

He gave me a smirk then looked at Beth and Glenn. "Well, hey, cowgirl. Oh, man, I missed you and your sister." I glared at him. "Come on now, don't be like that." He smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him harshly.

"I came here to find some supplies. What about you three?"

Nobody even moved. We all continued to stare at him. "I suggest you leave." Glenn said to him. He laughed. "Or what? Are you gonna kill me?" He joked.

"I've been thinking about it." Glenn threatened. "Right, cause that scares me a lot." He scoffed.

"Just leave us alone." Beth said to him. "No can do. You have my baby brother and sister in your group. Are they okay?" He asked us.

Again, nobody said anything. "Oh, I see how it is. You guys are mad about everything I've done, aren't you? Well, im sorry. Does this change anything?"

There was so much tension, a knife wouldn't cut it. "What is your deal?" He said while facing Glenn. "Why do you want to kill me?" He asked.

Glenn didn't respond. "What about you, blondie? Do you want to kill me?" Beth didn't answer.

"And you?" I didn't answer. I had nothing to say to him. "You don't want to talk? That's fine. But maybe you two will want to do something when I do this." He said. I couldn't really tell who he was talking to when he said "you two." He pulled out his gun and then grabbed my arm and yanked me forward. Well, that explains who he was talking to when he said "you two."

"Let her go." Glenn said. "Why should I? I like teasing you two. It's fun." He said while smiling.

"Please, just let her go." Beth pleaded. "No, it's okay you guys. I'm fine. No need to-"

"Hush up, girl." Merle said.

Glenn pulled out his gun and cocked it. Merle cocked his gun. "Not so fast, mister. You're gonna need to do better than that to-"

I brought my elbow back and hit him in the stomach. He loosened his grip on my neck and I quickly moved away. After that, Beth didn't hesitate to shoot him in the head. I was a little taken back by her actions, but I knew it had to be done. I just didn't think my little sister would be the one to do it.

"I'm sorry you had to do that." I said to her. She shrugged her shoulders. "It was surprisingly easy. Can we get out of here, though? I'd like it if we didn't run into any more psychos." After Beth said that, we left the pharmacy and headed back to the church. As we were walking, Beth tripped on something. Glenn went to help her up. "Are you okay? Can you walk?" She groaned and put the weight on her ankle. She quickly pushed the weight back to her other leg.

"No." She said. "Here, put your arm around me." He said. She did that and he helped her walk. When I turned around, a man with brown and slightly curly hair was standing in front of us. I pulled my gun out. He put his hands up in surrender. "Who are you?" I asked.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. My name's Aaron." He said.

"Glenn or Beth, do either of you have rope?" I asked. I know they probably won't. "Actually I do." I heard Beth say.

She threw it to me and I tied him up. "I'll leave you to talk with Rick. Don't worry, he's very rational now."

~ten minutes later~

We arrived back at the church. Everyone slowly stopped what they were doing and grabbed their weapons. "Everybody, this is Aaron." I announced.

I set him down by the church and Rick walked up to ask him questions. Michonne followed him. Glenn handed Beth off to Daryl and he carried her inside. Ariel stood close to Rosita and Noah was talking to Tara. It seems like mostly everyone was occupied with Aaron so now seems like my only chance.

I quietly snuck off into the woods. I pulled out what I had gotten from the pharmacy and squatted. I waited for a little bit. After a while, it was time. I flipped over my pregnancy test to see what the results were. Oh, my god.

I'm pregnant.