Chapter 91: They Have Our People

~Daryl's P.O.V~

Ariel, Ellie, Michonne, Glenn, Tara, and I were getting ready to go on a run. We needed some more supplies, so we decided now would be a good time. I didn't want Ariel to go, but I knew I couldn't convince her to stay. It seems to me like we're drifting apart. I barely even talk to her anymore. I feel like I need to spend more time with her instead of doing my own thing.

Glenn pulled around the corner with the big white van and we all hopped inside. Ellie sat in the middle and Tara sat in the passenger seat. Everyone else crowded in the back.

~a few minutes later~

We arrived at some store nearby. Just like I usually do, I went up to the window and knocked on it really loudly, then I waited outside with everyone. We all just stared at each other, nobody knowing what to say.

"Hey, Daryl, what did you do before all this?" Tara asked out of no where.

"Huh?" Why does she wanna know?

"What was your job. You're so good at surviving and stuff, I figured it might be because of what you did before. So, what were you?"

I shrugged my shoulders and she cocked her head to the side and raised her eyebrows. "Seriously, what were you?" She then turned to my sister.

"What was he?"

She held her hands up. "Don't ask me. I have no clue." She then faced me again.

"Were you a police officer?"

I shook my head no. She thought for a few more seconds. "Homicide cop." She said.

Michonne started laughing. "What's so funny?" I asked her.

She didn't say anything back. "Yeah, I was." She turned her head to the side. "Really?" She asked. "Yeah, really."

She rolled her eyes. "No, you weren't. I'll keep guessing."

Before she could guess again, the walkers pressed their faces against the glass and snarled at us. "Looks like it's go time." Glenn said as he led us all inside very quietly.

I took out a few next to the window with my crossbow and the rest took them out with their knives. After the store was clear, we searched for some stuff that could be useful to us. I grabbed a whole bunch of medicine and flashlights along with some batteries. How has this stuff not been wiped out yet? I guess people just grab what they want and not what they need.

I heard a muffled shout from the back of the store. I couldn't tell who it was. I brushed it off figuring it's them playing tricks on each other. They always do that sort of stuff. I heard another one, but this one was clearly a man's scream. I turned my flashlight over in the direction of it and didn't see anything. I kept on looking for medicine and supplies.

Two arms grabbed me. One was around my mouth while the other was around my neck. I fought back, but I couldn't get out of his grasp. He brought me back and knelt me down in front of something. "You tie him up like the others, got it?" He directed.

I heard shuffling feet, then I felt something being tied around my wrists and ankles. I looked to my left and saw Glenn then looked to my right and saw Ariel. On the other side of her was Tara. Where's Ellie?

~Ellie's P.O.V~

After everyone separated, I found a bunch of cool stuff. None of it is useful, though. I turned around to show Tara what I found, but she wasn't there. And neither was anyone else. I called out Daryl's name, but he didn't respond. I did that with everyone else, and still got no response.