Chapter 86: War

Everyone who regularly reads, please read the author's note at the end of the chapter! It's important!!

~Ariel's P.O.V~

I finally had enough strength to walk. I got up and walked outside of the house I was in. I almost fell a few times, but I was able to catch myself. As soon as I stepped out the door, I saw a ton of dead walkers lying on the street. You go to sleep for a few minutes and you miss so much! Glenn walked over to me.

"Do you really think being out here is a good idea right now? You just got shot yesterday. You should be resting. You know, Daryl won't like the fact that you're out here." He told me.

"It's fine, I won't stay out long."

Maggie came up and sniffled. "Can I talk to you? It's extremely important." She told him. Glenn nodded his head and she dragged him away.

I shrugged my shoulders and kept walking. A few other people saw me, but nobody really cared. Beth walked up. "Go back to your room. You need sleep. It won't do you any good to be out here."

"I've been in that room way too long. It's really boring in there." I complained to her.

She chuckled. "Ariel, it's been a day." She said like it mattered how long it had been.

"That's so long!" I exclaimed.

She laughed and I laughed back.

Daryl looked around and his eyes locked with mine. He sighed and began to walk over to me. "Have fun." Beth told me before she walked away.

"Go back in your room." He told me.

"Why? I'm fine right here." I said. I know he's never going to give in so there's no point in arguing, but I really want to be out here. The fresh air is nice.

"You're weak, Ariel. You need sleep. Go back." He told me again.

"No, I don't want to go back."

He sighed and picked me up bridal style and began to walk back to the house I was in. I sighed and just let it happen. He opened the door and laid me on the bed and sat in the chair next to me. "Don't move from this spot." He warned me. I put my hands up in surrender and he got up and walked out.

I took the bandage off my shoulder and looked at it. It looked really gross. It started bleeding again so I put the bandage back over it. I'm gonna need a new one soon. I looked around the room I was in and noticed a book. I've never read it so I decided to give it a shot. It's called "The Hunger Games." I wonder if it will be any good.

~Glenn's P.O.V~

After Maggie stole me away from Ariel, she brought me behind a few houses on the far end of the safe zone so we could have some privacy.

"Glenn, I have some big news that I just now decided to tell you..." she said worriedly.

I crossed my arms and waited patiently for her to tell me. She played with her fingers and looked down at the ground.

"A few weeks ago, I took a pregnancy test...the results came out positive," her words caused a smile to form on my lips, "but, this morning I went in the bathroom and found out that's not true anymore." I could tell what she meant.

My heart sank into my shoes and I looked at her. She looked so sad and scared. I could tell she was blaming herself because of this incident. I saw her bottom lip shake and tears slowly fall down her cheeks. I pulled her in for a hug and she cried into my shirt.

After a few seconds, she let me go. "I feel like I've failed you. I almost provided you with a family, and I couldn't even do that." She said.

"No, Maggie, stop. You didn't do anything wrong. This whole thing isn't your fault. You're all the family I need. You didn't fail me at all. Please, remember that."

She slowly nodded her head, but you could still tell she's still blaming herself.

~Daryl's P.O.V~

"Aye, Ellie!" I called out.

She turned around, rolled her eyes, and stopped walking. "What?" She said while shifting her body weight from one leg to the other.

"Sorry for knockin' you down back there. I was mad." I attempted to apologize.

She raised her eyebrows. "Are you actually apologizing to me, Dixon?" She asked. I slowly nodded my head.

"Wow, I didn't think you had any other emotion besides anger." She joked.

"Funny." I said.

She laughed and then walked away. I went inside to check on Ariel. She was sitting up straight and reading a book. "Is it good?" I asked.

"It's amazing...." She said while not taking her eyes off the book.

Just then, I heard some gunshots. My head shot up and Ariel's did, too. "Stay here!" I demanded as I peaked my head out the door.

"Daryl, watch out!" She screamed.

I ducked down and noticed the guy above me with a gun. "Back up, boy." He told me.

I backed up and walked back into Ariel's room. "Stay still. Nobody has to die here today." He told us.

I saw Ariel slowly put one of her hands down and she aimed his gun at her. "Don't even think about it, girl." He said to her. She raised her hand. He focused his attention back on me.

"What is she? Your girlfriend?" He asked like he cared.

Neither one of us said anything. "I asked you a question." He said while messing with his gun.

"Sister. I'm his sister." She said from behind me.

He nodded his head. "What's going on out there?"

"It doesn't matter. What matters is what's going on in here. Now, if you'll just cooperate, we shouldn't have any problems today." He said to us.

I glanced back at Ariel. I looked back at the guy and he was busy staring at Ariel. Just then, I heard a some noise from behind me and I saw a knife fly by my head. I looked straight and the dude had a knife in between his eyes.

"Nice aim." I told her.

I pulled he knife out and handed it back to her. "Get ready, we're going to war." I told her.

---------------------------------------------

There's a good chance I will not update at all next week except for maybe the weekends.

My finals are coming up and I'm stressing out about them. We got new tests and they're supposed to be a lot harder than they used to be.

So, don't get impatient next week. I'm gonna be super stressed and busy. This will be the last chapter for at least a week.

Thanks for understanding, and thanks for those suggestions last time! :)

Goodnight!