"Nah, I've been coming to work even on my off days for things like this. I even saved up my sick days." I reassured him. He nodded and rolled himself back to his room. I called my boss to let him know and he said that it would be fine.

Then I looked around the house and kitchen and decided that I should clean up after them. So for two to three whole hours I swept, vacuum, did dishes,  and dust. By the time I was almost done I heard a knock on the door. I put the rag down and went to go answer the door. When i opened it i saw Carlisle waiting there a little hesitantly.

"Come in Carlisle," I said quickly and stepped aside for him. He nodded graciously and walked in. "He's back in his room," I said and lead the way to Jake's room.

"Jake?" I knocked on the door. "Yeah what's up?"

"Carlisle's here," I said throught the door. I heard a short pause. "Yeah come in," he said a little bit rude.

"I'm sorry," I said to Carlisle and he nodded. "It's okay, it's his natural instinct to us."

"Yeah but he doesn't have to be so rude about it." He smiled and walked in. Jake was there struggling to sit up so I walked in and helped him sit up. "Thanks," he said. I nodded and walked back to the door and looked at them. I was leaning against the wall beside the door with my arms crossed and took in all that Carlisle was carrying.

"So everythings okay, the healing process is going by very rapidly."

"I'm a wolf, Doc. We heal very fast." Jake said with a tight smile.

"Well yes, I'm sure you do. And since you are healing quickly I think you are able to use crutches. I have them in my car, I'll be able to go and get it if you like?" Carlisle said looking at me. I nodded and he ran out like a ghost and came back a second later.

"Here you go, Jacob. Try this on," Carlisle gave it to Jake and had him stand up and leaned on it. Surprisingly the crutches didn't break under Jake's heavy wait. "Good it'll hold," I said and Jake narrowed his eyes playfully at me.

"Yes, it'll hold. Now Jacob do you think you'll be able to walk with them? Walk to Samantha and back." Carlisle said. Jake walked to me and back with little difficulty. "Alright I think that's it. If he has any problems with his bandages all you gotta do is just tighten or loosen it from the back."

"Will he be able to take a shower?" I asked.

"If he does then all you gotta do is just undo his bandages and braces and make sure he doesn't move them so that they'll heal properly." Carlisle answered.

"Thank you," I said and walked Carlisle out of the house.

"You are strong, Samantha. Don't give up hope. He'll be healed within the next three to five days." Carlisle said. "I'm barley hanging on, Carlisle. It's... difficult to see him in pain." I said quietly. "You'll do fine, from what I've seen yesterday and the little bit I seen today I think you're strong. So just hang in there. The ends not to far away." Carlisle said and patted my arm. I didn't flinch away like I wanted to because unlike some of the other people around here.

"You're a good person, Carlisle. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." I said and he nodded with a smile and walked back into the car. I stayed out there and saw him leave then I turned around. I saw Jake standing there with pain on his face.

"I said I'm sorry," Jake said with hurt coloring his voice.

"I know you did Jake." I said gently.

"If you don't want to see me in pain then why are you here? Why not go back home? I'm obviously causing you pain! Pain that you don't want to tell me!" Jake started to yell at me and me being... well me. I yelled back.