Twenty Six.

Now I really started to cry.

"Justin." I couldn't believe it.

"Hi." He smiled.

I looked at the door then got up, not knowing what to do exactly.

"They know. Relax, sweetheart." He said.

"What?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"I just wanted to give you a little surprise."

"A little surprise, Justin? I was worried sick about you. I've been beating myself up a-and... no."

"I'm sorry." He looked at me.

"You should be."

I really wanted to stay mad at him but I ended up giggling.

"Are you okay? Did Dr. Greene see you? When did you wake up?" I asked all the questions at once.

"I woke up just as Aisha walked in. Then she called Dr. Greene and... yeah. I told her to tell my mom but not you because I wanted to surprise you."

"I really wanted to be the first person you saw when you woke up." I frowned.

"It's okay. I'm just happy to have you here."

I sat down again and adjusted Maya on my lap.

"Justin, I'm truly sorry. Everything you said--"

"Shhh." Justin said.

"No, I want you to know, Justin. I'm so, so sorry, okay? I should've listened. I should've given you a chance to explain. I should've had more faith in you. I shouldn't have ran off to New York, the first chance I got. I--"

"Dileah, all that matters is that I'm okay and that you're here. With Maya." He smiled.

I wiped away a tear and nodded.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't take it."

"I broke my promise again."

"With good reason."

I shook my head.

"I missed you." I said, "And I hate seeing you like this. If we ever fight like this again, I swear, I am going nowhere, okay?"

"Promise?" Justin looked into my eyes.

"I promise. I'm so sorry, Justin."

"Stop crying." He smiled my favourite smile.

How could I not smile too?

"Look who's here to visit." I held Maya up so she was standing and facing Justin.

His face lit up almost instantly.

"She's finally ours." He said.

"All ours."

"Can I hold her?"

"Of course." I smiled and placed Maya in his arms.

I sat back and watched the two of them.

Justin was so good with her. All he had to do was say, 'Hi, baby' and she was all smiles. I got a bit jealous because my attempt to make her smile earlier on had failed dismally. He kissed her cheek and bounced her gently before cuddling her again. She took his finger in her little hand and got to cooing.

"She definitely loves you." I smiled.

"I've got the magic touch."

"I envy you. I tried making her smile earlier on. She just stared at me."