Imagine Thranduil falling in love with you

Imagine requested by DarkenedRose4; Imagine Thranduil falling in love with you for the first time. You are a goth.

Before you start reading, a small warning; I am not a goth myself so I tried to stay away from prejudice. I looked up some information on the internet and I think I came up with a story that is kind of alright. Maybe it doesn't scream 'goth' but this is what goth resembles for me :)

He was walking around in his tent as he heard the commotion outside the tent. Two elven guards had just came to tell him that there was someone coming to meet him. At first, Thranduil had been surprised. That soon made place for smugness.

The dwarves were probably coming to him to ask for forgiveness. Maybe they would even bring his jewels with them. Otherwise he would send them back. Demanding that they returned his belongings.

Thranduil turned around as he wanted to sit down on his chair. He would wait for the dwarves to come to him. There was no reason to rush. It were their lives that were on the line.

He held in a little gasp when he saw that his chair was not unoccupied. A young woman with dark red hair, bright red lips and dark eyes was watching him with a careful eye. An amused smile played on her lips.

Her eyes held his in a tight grip. It was like they could see every inch of his soul.

Quickly, but not without her noticing, he got himself together.

'You are just like I expected' she said, her voice sounding slightly bored. 'Couldn't you surprise me just a tad?' The woman got up, keeping her eyes fixed on him.

Her long, black dress flowed around her as she walked around him in circles.

'I hope you realize you are trespassing. One word from me and you will several arrows pointing at you' Thranduil warned.

The woman chuckled. 'So predictable. Not very impressive, though. Do you believe your choices so far have been wise?' She held still in front of one the gaps.

Sunlight shone through the open gap, creating a glow on her hair.

'What do you mean?' he asked, his eyes narrowing. He didn't know who this woman was but she was intriguing.

She smiled. It was the first time he felt something twidge in his stomache. He didn't want to know what it was.

'The choices you have made have brought you here. Have you taken a second to look outside and see what you are doing?' The woman turned around, her back facing him.

She stared outside. The guards stood there. Ready for war. Waiting for their king's commands.

He came up next to her, followed her gaze outside. The elves stood proud. None of them would disobey him. He was the king after all.

There was a time where he didn't think any of them would see him as their king. It was a time long ago. When he himself was an elfling, sitting on his father's lap.

His mother would read him a story every night. It helped him sleep when he had nightmares.

Sometimes they even baked cookies together. He prefered the strawberry ones.

'Where did those times go?'

The woman' voice broke through his thoughts. He blinked with his eyes, only to find that she was staring straight at him. She couldn't have -

'Aye, I read your thoughts. They are truly beautiful. Filled with kindness and warmth. Where did it all go?'

He looked at her in wonder. 'Who are you?'

Instead of answering him, she turned her head to look outside. 'Is this what makes you happy? Power? At what cost, king Thranduil?'

There was no sarcasm in here voice. That is, not that he could hear.

'I see an army that is strong, fierce, undefeated' he said. He held his hands behind his back, straightening his back.

'There is no room for regret or kindness amongst that, is there? Do you ever stop to think about what you are doing? Are there boundaries?' she asked.

Thranduil let his eyes wander over her form as he thought about her questions. She was truly a beautiful woman to see. Her voice wasn't hard on his ears either. And there was that strange feeling again.

'I don't see why you need to tell me thi-'

'That is because you keep your eyes shut for everything that doesn't fit into your way of thinking.' When she looked up again he could see the tears in her eyes.

It took him by surprise.

'You are too blind to see what effects your decisions will have. I doubt you would change things if you knew how many lives are already lost because of you.'

'How do you dare to sp-'

'To speak to you like that?' she finished. And when he opened his mouth again; 'And to interrupt you? You have no idea, have you?'

She placed his hand against his cheek. It heated up like there were a thousand fires burning around him. It didn't burn him though, it sparked something in his heart. Something that he believed to be long lost.

The woman leaned in, he prepared himself, but she went for his ear.

'Take this as a warning; open your eyes for the world around you, for the other living creatures, and you may find happiness. Or you continue your way with closed eyes, not caring about anyone else but yourself. It is up to you, king Thranduil' she spoke in a low voice.

She pulled back, holding his eyes with her stare.

He smiled smugly. 'You think you can come in here and show me disrespect? That is where you are wrong. Guards!'

Four elven guards rushed in, their weapons drawn.

The woman didn't seem to be moved by this.

'You have one day' she said. She raised her hand, put her hood back on, and disappeared.

One of the guards poked his sword into the air, maybe she had just turned invisible. But the woman was gone.

'She must be one of the four' Gandalf said from behind Thranduil.

'What do you mean?' one of the guards asked.

Thranduil listened with only an half ear. He went to his chair, wanting to sit down.

'There are four women here in Middle-Earth who are rumoured to protect the innocent. Meeting one of them means that there are going to be a lot of lives lost in a certain amount of time. They often warn the people they show themselves to. It means that there are more options then just death' Gandalf explained.

The elven king didn't listen any longer. He could only think of her soft hands against his skin. The way her eyes had shone like no diamond could. And the way her voice had made his heart sing.

The wizard eyed him up and down. 'They are also known as sirens. Sometimes they cast a spell on a man. Some say that they do it to change the actions of the men, others think it is something that happens accidentally.'