July 15 - II

@CarrieWatson2 requested this imagine; Imagine you are a hobbit who visits Rivendell with the Company, and you are in love with Lord Elrond.

'I hope that there will be beds. Do you think they will be giant or will they have hobbit size beds? I would sleep in any of them, really.' You were rambling on like usual and the dwarf next to you wasn't listening to you as usual. 'Don't get your hopes up Miss Baggins, we won't stay here longer then necessary' Thorin called back to you from the front of the Company. Gandalf wasn't going to respond to this again so he just continued on walking. But you could see by his shoulders that he was done with the dwarves again. It was his own fault, really, he was the one who had urged Thorin to go on this adventure in the first place.

Rivendell was nothing like you expected it to be. It was even more beautiful and grand than you had read in your books. It was so green and peaceful in here that you felt like you were walking in a garden instead of an elven city. The bookshelves in the library were were huge compared to the bookshelves you had at home. It was a place you could live in for the rest of your life. You wouldn't complain.

The Company was greeted by Lindir. Why did dwarves have to be so hostile against other races? Sure, the elves could be more welcoming but they could be worse. There was the sound of a horn and horse feet and when you turned around you saw several of them approaching. The dwarves were forming a tight circle around you before you could respond. Seriously, someone had to talk some sense into them. They had their weapons raised, ready to attack like the elves were after them. You were surrounded by stupid idiots.

The first elf came closer and whe- Oh you. Wasn't that the looker? Someone might hold an apple pie in front of your face right now and you simply wouldn't smell it. 'Bring me a plate of daisies or roses, but never will come closer, to the light of your eyes then the sparkling sun' you muttered. Bofur shot you a confused look. 'What did you just say?' But you didn't listen to him as you watched Elrond descend his horse. Why did that armor have to look so good, and so tight, on his body? Second breakfast couldn't even compete.

'I think I am in love' you confessed to no one in particular. Bofur looked from you to Elrond and back. 'You can say that again. You are positively drooling' he pointed out. And indeed, you were drooling, onto your dress in fact. 'Seriously' you muttered as you started to clean your dress with the borrowed 'handkerchief'.

The elves were kind enough to offer the Company a place to rest and some food. They didn't accept it without a few swear words here and there but at least they took you into consideration. 'The lass needs a good nights sleep Thorin' Fili pointed out. He was a true heir to the throne, always keeping an eye out for the people around him. 'Fine, but we will leave early in the morning' he whispered to the rest of the Company. Everyone muttered their agreement.

Lindir guided you to where the dwarves were allowed to sleep. Soon, you would find out they had other plans for that night. And not to mention the fountain... Oh, never mind. They were dwarves. 'How are we going to set you up with Elrond?' Bofur asked sneakily. Your cheeks heated up as you looked up at the elven king. You could only pray he hadn't heard the dwarf. 'I don't want everyone to know about it' you hissed back. In front of you, you could already see the Durin brothers looking at you with a smirk. Kili even winked at the elven King as he caught your eyes. Great.

'I will leave you here in the capable hands of my lover' Elrond said. He took a hold of Lindir's hand and kissed his knuckles gently. 'I will see you later my King' the elf said and the King disappeared after one last nod at the Company. You felt a knot in your stomache as Bofur wrapped a comforting arm around you. 'It will all be alright lassie' he said. Fili and Kili waited for you to pass them to walk with you. 'Don't worry (y/n), he just doesn't know what he is missing' Fili said, genuinely trying to make you feel better.

'Aye, those tree-shaggers just have had hard wood for so long that they don't know where to stick it next' Kili said. The three of you started snickering, much to Kili's frustration. 'What? What is so funny about that?'