July 12

This one was requested by @_fili_and_kili_ ; You and Kili are in love and that's when BOTFA happens. He tells you to stay behind in the mountain but you refuge and fight side by side with the Durin's. At the end, everyone survives. ~ I just want to warn you in advance that I am not good at writing fighting scenes.

'You are staying here inside t-'

'No.'

'I am not kidding (y/n), you will -'

'No.'

'Just stop saying no every tim-'

'No.'

Kili threw his hands in the air in defeat. He looked at his uncle with a desperate look on his face.

'It is your One, it is not my duty to keep her under control' his uncle said.

'But you are the King! Will you let a woman fight this war with us?' Kili asked. He knew that his uncle wouldn't allow that.

Thorin looked up at the both of you. Kili was desperate for some help. Your face just showed him what he already knew; the determination of a stubborn woman. He took a deep breath and said

'I won't let you fight this battle with us, you will s-'

'No.'

Thorin sighed and Kili looked at you with a hint of anger.

The rest of the Company was watching you in amusement. They were used to stubborn woman, they were dwarves after all, but you were in a league of your own.

Sounds from outside made everyone look up in unison. They needed to go outside fast if they wanted to make a change. Thorin turned his head to order his youngest nephew to lock you up somewhere when he heard you scream;

'Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!'

Dwalin watched you go in admiration and shrugged. 'We better keep an eye on her' and with that he followed you into battle.

The rest of the dwarves came after you as well, Kili leading them as he tried to keep close to you.

Thorin and Fili fought their way towards the both of you. The line of Durin would stay close together and protect each other. If it meant that there was a stubborn woman in the middle of them who simply refuged to listen, then there was nothing they could do about it.

'DUCK!' Kili yelled and you obeyed just in time to prevent your head to fall off your shoulders.

Kili shot an arrow at the orc who had dared to attack his One. There were so many of them around you that you weren't sure you had made the right decision by following them, leading them into battle.

Kili and you were now fighting back to back, guarding each other to the best of your abbilities.

'I can't believe you wanted me to stay back at Erebor and miss all of this' you said while you stabbed an orc right through his heart.

Kili huffed. 'It would have put my mind to ease if you were safe and sound behind those walls.'

'It would have put all our minds to ease' Thorin added as he joined you.

'What is the plan?' Fili said, joining you on your right side.

'The plan is to not get killed master dwarf!' you shouted as more orc's came your way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You open your eyes and the first thing you notice is the pain throughout your whole body. It is hard to move even a single muscle. Carefully you try to get up. You regret it immediately.

'You shouldn't do that just yet' a voice speaks from your left.

You look to where the voice came from. It takes a little time of your eyes to adjust to the light but then you see the hobbit sitting next to your bed.

'You are alive!' you exclaim, putting a hand on your chest as another wave of pain hits you.

You shut your eyes tightly and tried to lay down as still as you could. Even breathing proved to be hard for you rigt now.

'You just had to be stubborn and go into battle with them, didn't you?' Bilbo asked sarcastically.

You opened your mouth to answer but he continued.

'Oh no, I am sorry, my mistake. You didn't go to battle with them, you lead them. Because you don't take the feelings of others in consideration before you take action. If you would only stop and think from time to time, I am sure that you would make other decisions' the hobbit was now lecturing you.

'Are they alive?' you asked in a weak voice, completely ignoring what he just said.

Bilbo hold his breath and gave you a long look.

'Yes, if you mean Thorin, Fili, Kili and the rest of our Company by 'they', then yes. Otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here waiting for you to wake up, now would I?' he asked.

You smiled fondly at him. Even when he tried to sound stern with you did he still manage to be cute.

The door to your room opened and Kili entered carefully.

'Bilbo, is she- (Y/N)!' he blurted out and almost jumped onto your bed out of excitement.

'Kili! Be careful. Her wounds can open if she moves too much' Thorin scolded his youngest nephew.

'Don't worry about Kili. She will open up her wounds before he can even touch her, you know she can't lay still' Bilbo said, keeping a close eye on the both of you.

The hobbit got up from his chair to let the injured King sit in his place. But the dwarf King wouldn't have none of that and pushed him back down, carefully, of course. He put a loving hand on the hobbit's shoulder and looked at you and Kili.

'I'm glad they have each other' he said.

Bilbo smiled up at him. He caressed the fingers of his husband, glad that he could still feel their warmth.

'I am glad that I still have you.'

They looked at each other. Unspoken words were spoken in the looks they shared. Just like Kili and you would be able to do one day.