July 19

Requested by jumpingmanatee ; Imagine Thorin getting really, really, really, really jealous.

You were his.

It was simple. Not at all complicated. Still, you managed to misunderstand him...

He had made it pretty obvious that he wished to court you.

He had slaughtered a warg he happend to stumble upon on one of his brooding walks. And you had made it pretty clear that you wanted him to catch it for you.

'What do you think a warrior should be capable of killing to show he is a true warrior?' he had asked when you walked next to him. 'A warg would be pretty impressive' had been your answer.

So, he had brought you a warg. All you could do was look at him in disgust. How could that happen?

Then, he had tried to poor more soup into your bowl then the rest of the Company. That didn't go over well either.

Right when he was about to give up, you offered to clean his weapons. He was over the moon.

Finally you showed him that you were willing to be courted by him. He could start pampering you and showing his affection.

You had seemed surprise, though, when he offered to braid your hair. It was a sign to the other dwarves that you belonged to him.

You had agreed after making it quite clear that you didn't want him to hurt you. Thorin had been stunned. Like he would ever do anything to hurt you.

It turned out to be beautiful. You felt amazing and you were absolutely breathtaking to him. Best of all; the rest of the Company knew that you belonged to Thorin.

At least, that's what he thought...

It was only for a few minutes that he left you out of his sight. He needed to talk to Balin about the road they were supposed to take.

When he glanced your way to see if you were still alright, he couldn't believe his eyes. His blood started boiling and he was sure his head might explode if he wouldn't calm down soon.

You were sitting in between the hobbit's legs as he was...

It was too hurtful to say it let alone think it...

He was re-braiding your hair.

A rush of jealousy hit him as he saw the small creature untangle the braid that he had put there. How did he dare! You were his. No one else was allowed to touch you, let alone touch your braid.

It was offensive to do so in dwarven culture. It showed that you disrespected the relationship between the suitor and consort.

But the most important thing...

'WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING TOUCHING MY WOMAN!' Thorin bellowed from across camp.

Bilbo and you both looked up simultaneously as the dwarven King came stomping your way. There was a small earthquake as he stomped your way.

The fury in his eyes was something you didn't miss either. It was like he was going to set Bilbo on fire with his eyes alone.

What was going on?

That's when Bilbo made the grave mistake to rest his hands on your shoulders, watching the King in bewilderment.

It didn't escape Thorin's attention.

His hands turned into fists and his face was pure anger.

'I would run if I were you laddie' Bofur yelled.

Bilbo frowned. 'Why would I run? I have done nothing wrong' the hobbit tried.

Thorin huffed. 'NOTHING WRONG? YOU ARE TOUCHING MY CONSORT! HOW COULD YOU SHOW OUR RELATIONSHIP SUCH DISRESPECT! I WILL KILL YOU, I WILL HANG YOU FROM THE TALLEST TREE!' Thorin bellowed.

You stood up in front of Bilbo to stop the dwarf from strangling him on the spot. You raised your hands to put them on his chest. His heart was truly beating violently.

His eyes were still spitting fire at the hobbit behind you. But he did manage to relax a bit, feeling your hands through his shirt.

'What are you talking about Thorin?' you questioned.

'YOU ARE MINE AND I WILL NOT -'

You put a finger on your lips. 'I am standing right in front of you. You don't have to scream or I will go deaf.'

Thorin finally met your eyes. 'You are mine' he said.

You nodded. 'I heard that. Why do you think I am yours?'

Where his heart had been beating furiously before, it was now breaking into a million little pieces.

'What do you mean?'

You shrugged. 'Well, apparently you feel like we are courting. You only forget to mention this to me. So, since when are we courting?'

He stared at you, dumbfounded. Had all his efforts meant nothing to you? True, you were human but surely you knew what he meant...

'I am afraid there is a misunderstanding' Balin quickly joined in. He placed a comforting hand on Thorin's shoulder.

Who shrugged it off.

'You see, Thorin has been trying to court you for several weeks now. We thought that you didn't accept his offer until you offered to clean his weapons. This means a lot to us dwarves. It shows your dedication, love and willingness to be loved in return.'

Your mouth formed an 'o' shape. That's what was going on.

Thorin softly stroked your cheek. 'You even let me braid your hair. I thought you knew how much it meant to me to do be allowed to do that.' His voice had turned soft, broken.

'For another to touch your braid while you are courting is a crime among dwarves. It shows disrespect and it may also be seen as a challenge to the suitor for the consort's hand' Balin explained.

Bilbo quietly got up behind you, flustered with all the information. 'I didn't mean to show you any disrespect Thorin...' he mumbled.

The King looked at him with dull eyes. He still needed to show the hobbit a lesson.

'If I would have known, I wouldn't have let anyone else touch it Thorin... You must believe me' you said to capture his attention.

Bilbo was a friend of you and you didn't want to see him getting killed. But you also didn't want to see Thorin hurt.

His eyes started to shine with a small light of hope. 'Does that mean that you accept my offer of courtship?'

'Apparently I already did.' You both chuckled, the mood finally lightening up.

'Of course I accept, you silly dwarf.'

He was positively beaming at this.

'And I offer you my sincere apology.' Bilbo said, bowing for the King.

Thorin huffed. 'Don't let it happen again halfling, I will hang you next time.' If that hobbit only dared to come near his One again...

You wrapped your arms around his waist and nuzzled closer to him, burying your face in his chest.

He smiled at you, the anger and jealousy disappearing. Just a bit.