July 18

AngieGroup123456 requested an amazing sweet imagine about Fili, and I found one on imaginexhobbit: Imagine Fili finding out about your fear of heights and helping you through it.

The eagles should have been a blessing. They really should have been. But they were not. At least, not to you. All the members of the Company knew about your fear of heights. They had laughed about it, made jokes about it, got angry because of it and had laughed some more. They all acted like it was your own fault in some way and that you could help it. To you it was something that was out of your control. And Fili shared this opinion with you.

He had held your hand when you crossed the mountains and stayed close to you when you were forced to climb trees to gather some fruit. Somehow Kili found it amusing to send you up while he could easily do it himself. He just wanted another good laugh. But this was totally different from climbing a tree. Admitted, you were still technically in a tree. Yet, this time you prefered to climb the highest tree then to try to hang on to a few leaves while you hand above a giant hole of blackness.

Some may have called the view beautiful. If anyone dared to say that, you would simply say: 'Try to hang above it, see how beautiful the view is then!' You tried so hard not to cry and focus on getting your feet back to solid ground. Why did you have to climb so high in the first place? You hated trees, you hated heights and still you had climbed to the top of the tree instead of stopping somewhere in the middle. And now Thorin was running towards the orc's without protection and argh...

Could this become worse? Please? Could someone just make it worse for you so that you could finally complain out loud? Slowly, you felt your hand slipping away from the few leaves you had been able to hold. Sure, why not faith, irony has always been your specialty. '(Y/N)!' Gloin cried out as he tried to reach for you. But it was too late. You felt yourself falling. It was nothing like you thought it would be. You had absolutely no control over anything and everything was going much slower. And then there was that weird feeling of landing on something soft. Surely you would feel the pain any minute now.

What you didn't expect to see was two giant wings moving around you and a pair of hands guiding you closer to a firm body. Wait... wings? As in bird wings? 'Oh no, no, no, no, no...' you started muttering to yourself. 'Aye, (y/n), open your eyes and enjoy the view!' Kili yelled excitedly. You kept your eyes shut as you felt Fili's arms wrapping themselves around your waist and pulling you closer. 'It is alright, I am here' he muttered softly in your ear. You swallowed. 'And where exactly is here?' One time, you would look back on all this and think you were very brave for asking this.

'Don't freak out, but we're-' Fili started, interupted by his brother: 'WE ARE FLYING! WOOHOO FOR THE EAGLES!' Kili screamed enthusiastic with everything happening around him. 'No, no, no, no... NO! GET ME OFF!' you screamed, trying to kick around you to get this nightmare to stop. But Fili had you firmly pressed against him and had laid his legs over yours as to prevent you from falling of. Because somehow he had been able to predict this reaction. He shot his brother an angry glare. 'Don't make it worse' he hissed. Kili shrugged, not at all impressed with the blonde's sneer.

'Just think of us laying down for the night, you are safely wrapped in my arms, nothing can happen to you.' He tried to calm you down. Really, you were thankful for him trying to do so but still... YOU WERE HIGH UP IN THE SKY! He began to move his thumbs in circles on your upper arms. 'Don't be scared ghivashel. I will never let you fall. Did I ever break a promise?' he asked, expecting you to answer. You didn't allow your muscles to relax, thought his thumbs made tempting movements on your arm. 'Don't give in' you told yourself, 'you will die if you do. Can he stop you from falling down? No! So just keep your eyes shut and move around frantically, that will help!'

You did catch the sarcasm in your own thoughts, but still you wouldn't budge. 'Have I ever failed to protect you? Because if so, I can't remember. I only know I have always stood by your side and cuddled with you when you needed me.' You finally relaxed a bit, just a tiny bit, when his words got through your thick skull. 'There, you are relaxing just a tiny bit and still you are here with me. You see I can keep a promise? I am going to hold you until both our feet are back on the ground' he spoke into your ear. Finally you allowed your body to relax even more. 'Don't ask me to open an eye, I will murder you if you do' you said through gritted teeth.

You felt the vibration in his chest as he chuckled. 'I know you will. For now, just lean back and let me hold you.' You did as you were told. He placed a gentle kiss on top of your head. That's when you knew, he would never let you fall.