Chapter-20

CHAPTER-20

Pauline June's POV

I stared at dad, who is sitting in front of me.

"I know it's all sudden and it is shock to you. But I quit the job here. I want to spend more time my daughter, which is not happening due to this job", he said and stopped talking looking at my reaction.

"And...?", I asked for him to continue.

"I got a job in New York. It's a good job. Pays better than the job I left. I can also spend more time with my princess", he explained. I just sat there in silence. I am really happy that dad quit his job just to spend more time with me. But I am sad too that I have to leave Nick. Our relationship just took a new bend last night and I don't want to ruin it. I love him.

"Dad, I am so happy that you took such a big step for me, but I am in love with Nick. I can't leave him", I said worriedly. He looks at me surprised.

"Oh. I didn't know you both are so serious about each other", he said and I smiled at him thinking about Nick.

"Yes we are. Nick is so sweet. He is the best boyfriend dad. I don't want to loose him", I voiced my worry.

"I am sorry Princess that I didn't ask your opinion", he apologized.

"It's okay dad. I will talk things out with Nick. I am sure we can sort something out. Nick will understand. Also he said that he is appyling to the business college in New York. So, if he gets it, everything will be good", I assured him. Dad grinned.

"Superd then. Go get ready. It's already seven thirty. We should start by eight", dad said while getting up and going to his room. I grinned too.

"Okay dad", I said while going up the stairs to my room.

"Oh and Princess.... the packing is almost done. By the time we come back home everything will be on the truck to be parcled to New York. So keep important things with you", he said from downstairs.

"Okay", I said and went inside my room.

I took my towel and went inside the bathroom. I showered and came out with a towel around me and went inside the closet. All my normal clothes are packed in boxes. I pulled out a dark blue jeans and a white button shirt with a floral print. I wore my ineers and wore the clothes that I took out. I combed my hair and let it fall down . I took a look at myself in the mirror.

I smiled at msyelf and wore a pair of normal shoes. I went downstairs and dad is already there. he heard my footsteps and turned back. He looked at me while I came downstairs and smiled at me while looking at me with a proud look on his face.

"Come here", he said while opening his arms. I went and hugged him. He hugged me back while patting my back. I pulled away and he kissed my fore head.

"Dad?", I asked him as to why he is being so emotional.

"It's like just yesterday I was holding your tiny body in my arms and you are already graduating", he said smiling. I smiled and he patted my head.

We both got out and got in his car. I am happy that dad is here on my graduating day. We are soon at the school and I got a call from Nick as we parked the car.

"Nick?", dad asked while looking at my phone that is ringing. I nodded my head and answered it.

"Hey!", I said into the phone.

"Hey Baby girl! Where are you? Did you come to school? Or are you on the way?", he asked fastly. I smiled at his questions.

"We just came. We parked the car", I informed him while getting out of the car. Dad did too and locked the doors.