Chapter-6

Chapter-6

Pauline June's POV

"But I don't want to go to a hotel", I confessed.

"What? But most of the girls like dining in rich places".

"Yeah. But that's not me". He sighed.

"Where do you want to go Baby girl?", he asked as he looked at me. We are sitting in the car as we stopped near the traffic signals. I thought about it for a minute as I tapped my finger on my chin. All the while I felt his gaze on me.

"How about the beach?", I asked and he smiled his oh-so-handsome smile.

"The beach? It sounds good and by the way you look so cute when you think", he said as he tapped my nose with his finger. I frowned and pushed his hand away slowly. He laughed at my action.

We drove off to the beach and I got out of the car before he can come and open the door on my side. I came out and stretched my body as I felt the cool air. The soft sound of waves feel pleasant. There is no one here except for a two to three couples. I ran towards the shore and turned around to find Nick jogging to me. I smiled at him and sat on the sand. I patted the place beside me.

He sat next to me and I brought my knees to my chest with my hands around them. We just sat in silence for a few minutes. I saw an ice-cream stall and stood up.

"Come on. I want an ice-cream", I said like a kid. He laughed and came with me. I am looking at the flavours but I don't know which one to choose. Most of them are my favourite.

"Why are you taking so much time?", Nick asked as he came beside me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"I like all of them. Okay, I will take strawberry". I finally decided. We both got our cones and went and sat in the place we sat before. Nick licked his ice-cream.

"Tell me about you", he demanded. I raised my eye-brow at him.

"Nick, we are studying in the same school for about seven years now. You know me", I said and turned back to concentrate on my ice-cream.

"Yes. No. I just know you. I don't know what you are", he said looking at me. I laughed at him.

"What I am? I am a nerd", I said smiling at him, "and you know what you are?". He looked at me arrogantly.

"What am I?".

"You are a bad boy", I stated and he laughed at it.

"That I am. Now tell me about yourself", he said again.

"Tell me this. Why are you suddenly so interested in me?", I asked him the question that has been bothering me so much since a few days now. He seemed surprised by my question and rubbed the back of his neck like he is nervous.

"I... I... I always wanted to talk to you, but I never dared".

"What? You and I both know that you have more than enough guts for it Bad boy", I teased.

"Can we talk about something else?", he asked and I stood up as my ice-cream is over. He gave me a confused look.

"Or we can do something", I suggested and gave him my hand. He stood up taking my hand smoothly in his. I walked us both to the waves and walked along the side as the waves lightly touched our legs. I made him walk a little deep into the water and suddenly pushed him into it. He is totally wet now! I giggled and he got up. He looked really angry and I stopped laughing.

"You wait right there Baby girl", he said and took a step towards me. I turned around and ran while giggling. He followed me and however caught me before throwing me into the water along with him. We both laughed and splashed water on each other.

"Nick", I shouted as I laughed as I put my hands in front of my face and tried to cover my face from his water attacks. He pushed me into water again and I tried to come out, but his strong arms stopped me.

We both stopped playing after some time and came out of the water. Instantly I felt cold and we both went and sat in his car. He put on the heater in his car and I pulled my rubber band off and let my hair dry. I pushed a button beside the speedometer and some melody music started playing. When I was done I looked up at him. He is staring at me with a smile on his face.

"What?", I asked in confusion. He shook his head.

"You are beautiful Baby girl", he said and boy did I ever feel more beautiful. I blushed.

"Thank you", I whispered shyly.

"You are welcome".

For a minute we both kept staring at each other, he leaned in closer and I just sat there not knowing what to do. He is so close to my lips and I turned to his side to have a better angle. I was about to kiss him, but I pulled away closing my eyes.

"What happened?", he asked with concern.

"I... I am sorry. It's just... It's just that... I never... umm". I can't say it out. It's embarrassing.

"Had your first kiss?", he asked with an amused expression. Surely enjoying.

"Nick", I said in a warning tone to not tease me about this.

"It's okay Baby girl. No worries", he said and pulled away. I smiled at him.

He started the car and we are driving home. The drive is filled with a comfortable silence, only the music played. I put the glass window down and let the cool air breeze my hair. I enjoyed how it felt and closed my eyes. I didn't know I fell asleep, till I felt lips on my cheek. I opened my eyes and found Nick. I quickly sat up.

"We are here Baby girl", he whispered. I nodded my head and got out. He got out of the car too. He came to my side and leaned his back on the car with his hands in his pockets.

"Um... So?", I asked trying to clear the awkwardness between us.

"I am sorry for not giving you the best first date", he apologised.

"What no! It's good. I really had a fun time".

"Really?", he asked not believing.

"Really".

"To say truth, I enjoyed it", he confessed.

"Good. I... will see you tomorrow?", I asked it like a question.

"Yeah", he said staring into my eyes. I can't help but stare back.

"Bye", I whispered after a few minutes.

"Good night", he said and I turned around to go to the door. I was about to open it, but turned around to look at him, but I gasped. He is just behind.

He leaned down and our lips are so close. My breathing hitched. He put his hand around my waist and pulled me closer. He took my face in his hands and brought my face so close to his lips that I thought he will be kissing me. I just want to give in. For once I want to know how it will feel to be kissed. Then he turned my face and kissed my cheek, dangerously close to my lips.

"I want to know you more Baby girl", he whispered in my ear and came back to look into my eyes still holding my face in his once hand.

I am still in shock. He pulled away and walked away. He went and sat in his car.

"Sweet dreams Baby girl", he said and winked before driving away.

I blushed and bit my lower lip to stop my grin. However it came out. I opened the door and went inside. It's past eleven do dad my must be sleeping. I went to my room and fell on the bed. But I can't sleep. I can't even stop the smile from appearing on my face.

A/N:

Hey my cute dumplings!

Sorry for the late update. I am sorry for boring you guys in this chapter. Did you guys like their first date? Like it?

Please VOTE and COMMENT.