Chapter-13

CHAPTER-13

Pauline June's POV

I sat under a tree, leaning against it, watching the small girl that sat on the swing and laughing loudly, asking her mother to push her more faster and her mother obeyed her. I smiled at them as my own memories with my mother came back. I pulled my knees closer to my chest and wrapped my hands around them. I heard my phone ringing and took it out. I picked it up.

"Pauline! Thank God you answered! I would have gone crazy that I am already now!", I heard Nick's voice.

"Nick?", I said barely above a whisper.

"Where are you? Why are you not answering your phone? Is everything okay? Are you hurt? Did anyone try anything? God, why didn't you fucking answer to any of my messages or answer any of my calls. I have been calling you since morning. I even went to your house and you are not there! Just tell me where you are right now!", he busted out. I sat up straight.

"Nick, calm down. I am fine. I am sorry I didn't answer any of your calls. My phone is in silent. I am in the park that is at the end of the street from my house", I said.

"Okay. I am coming there right now", he said.

"But Nick-", he cut the call before I can complete my sentence. I put my phone back in my jeans pocket and leaned back on the tree.

I sat there and enjoyed the weather letting myself be peaceful. I didn't want to go to school today. I just want to stay home and be alone. I don't want any company today. I want to spend this day alone like I did the past three years. Although I wouldn't mind having Nick here with me this time. Having here with me, will sure make me feel more relaxed.

Nick is such a sweet guy. Behind all that bad boy attitude is a cute romantic person. I never thought that I will ever be girlfriend to someone who is popular in the school. He is there with me practically all the time. When he said switch his classes with me, I didn't know he was serious. He switched all his classes to mine. He makes me sit with him along with his friends during lunch.

Though they talk weirdly sometimes and make signs with their eyes. I sometimes doubt if Nick really likes me, but he always proves me wrong. He stays with me at night in my house when dad go to other cities due to his business. We chat, we cuddle, we watch movies, we fight playfully. He keeps kissing my cheek and lips.

We even sleep together sometimes. We don't do anything, we just cuddle. I feel safe in his arms, like no one can hurt me. He holds me tightly to him. I feel like he gives me so much importance. He holds my hand when we walk in the hallways. Now the whole school knows that we are a pair.

He is so possessive. Whenever we go on dates, he won't let other guys even look at me. He even hit a guy when he asked me if I am single and flirted with me in front of Nick. I smile like a maniac when I think about us, about him, about his behaviour. I bite my lip sometimes to stop myself from smiling more.

I am brought out of my thoughts when I felt a shadow behind me. Before I can turn around, I am engulfed in a tight and warm arms.

"God, I found you. I am really going crazy you know. It's like you disappeared from the planet Earth", he said as he leaned against a tree and pulled me along with him.

"I am here right now. What if I disappear?", I asked him teasingly. He raised an eye brow at him.

"I will not let you slip that easily. Even if you disappear... Wait a minute! Why will you disappear when you have such a handsome and awesome boyfriend?!", he said smirking.

"You are so arrogant", I complained.

"That's what girls like in me. Now tell me! Why didn't you answer any of my calls?". I took a deep breathe.

"Because I didn't feel like coming".

"Uhuh? Now tell me the truth", he demanded.

"I just want to be alone today", I said looking down at my fingers. He lifted my head up with his fingers under my chin.

"Why? Is everything okay? You could have called me. I would have been here with you".

"Everything is okay. I just...", I trailed off.

"Baby girl, you know you can trust me right?", he asked.

I nodded my head.

"You can tell me everything. Anything", he said looking into my eyes. I nodded my head and decided to tell him.

"Today is the day my mother died in accident three years ago", I said looking down, stopping myself from crying.

"Shit! I am sorry Baby girl. I am here for you now. You don't need to be alone", he said hugging me to him tightly, running a hand through my hair. I wrapped my hands around his neck.

"Thank you", I said into his neck.

"You are welcome Baby girl", he said and kissed my shoulder. I pulled away and a few tears fell. He wiped them with his forefinger. He out his hand on my shoulder and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

We sat there for a few minutes and he suddenly pulled away, looking down at me. I gave him a confused look.

"You said your mother died three years ago when you were thirteen right?", he asked.

"Yeah. Why?", I asked him still confused.

"That means you are only sixteen now", he declared and I blinked my eyes not knowing what to say.

"Umm... Yes. Is there a problem with it?". Maybe he doesn't want a small girl as his girlfriend. I am not a small girl though. I am sixteen. It means I am grown up.

"No! No problem. I am just confused that how did you reach second year in high school of you are sixteen".

"I skipped two classes since my grades are high".

He gave me a look that said really.

"What?".

"Nothing. My girlfriend is so smart", he said grinning. I smiled back at him.

"That she is".

We both laughed and I leaned back on his shoulder. I feel so happy today that I spent this day with Nick. I looked at him and found him staring back at me. I smiled at him which he returned and I grabbed him shirt gently before laying back on the green ground along with him.

A/N:

Hey my dumplings!

I want you guys to tell me, do you guys think that Nick is falling for her?

Please VOTE and COMMENT.