I finished eating my dinner, and then I headed to my room. I knew what my dad would have told me about this whole mess if he were still here. He’d died two years ago in a plane crash. He used to travel all around the world for his job. He’d died one night when he was coming home from Paris after something went wrong with the plane. It crashed and only there were only thirty people out of almost two hundred people that had survived the crash. Sadly, my dad wasn’t one of the survivors. He had wanted to take me with him to Paris, but my mom wouldn’t let me go. After she found out he’d died she kept telling me that she knew that there was a reason why she said no to me going to Paris. 

If he were here he would have told me that I was just like my mother. After he told me he would have laughed and hugged me. Him and I used to be really close. It was never the same with my mom and I. It always seemed like whenever we talked it always ended up with us fighting. 

I really needed to clear my mind because if I thought about something for too long I would always end up crying. 

To clear my mind I decided that I was going to spend some time on Facebook. I had a message from Dillon. He was this really cute boy who was a year older than me. He never talked to me so the fact that I had a message from him was surprising. The message read:

Hey, it’s Dillon. We don’t talk much, but I really think that we should talk more. Message me back when you get the chance and want to.

I looked at when it was sent; just barely yesterday. I decided to message him back even if it might be a trap to get a stupid girls heart racing and skipping beats. I told him that I also thought that we should talk more. I gave him my number and told him that he could text me sometime if he wanted to. After that I decided that it was time to get off of Facebook. 

I looked at the clock and realized that it was a little past seven thirty. I decided to read to pass the time since it was too early to go to bed. I got up and got my book off of my desk. I was reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I was reading it for like the fifth time. I could never find out what it was that made me keep rereading these books, but no matter how many times I reread them they always intrigued me. I sat down and started reading on my bed. I was relaxing and actually not feeling like I was going to throw up for once. I hadn’t realized that it had gotten so late until there was a soft knock on my door. 

“Good night, sweetie,” my mom said. I looked over at my clock and was shocked to see that it was almost eleven o’clock. 

“Good night,” I replied. 

I turned off my light and lied down on my bed. I hadn’t listened to music for a while so I took out my iPod from my bedside table. I started listening to I’m Just A Kid by Simple Plan. 

I fell asleep right in the middle of the song. 

~_~

The next morning I woke up to my phone ringing. I looked at the caller ID. It was a call from my best friend, AnaBella. 

“Hello,” I said groggily. 

“Hey, I heard you were back in town. When did you get back,” she asked me excitedly.