cake

luke was leaving for a shorter tour than normal, probably his last which was good, and was at his house packing when calum comes in with their daughter 'say bye to daddy baby.' calum smiles and coos at her but then when he sets her down she hits luke's cheek (not hard of course) 'no! i hate daddy!!' and she runs away, luke freezing completely in his spot, not hearing calum scolding her, and grasping for the couch without looking for it, sitting down and looking at his shoes 'lu, babe she didn't mean it..' and it's quiet for a moment 'i-i..she hates me..she hates me?' he whispered, his blue eyes gazing up with pain and calum sighs 'she's just..upset you're leaving.' and luke nods silently but then bursts into sobs because his baby girl will probably hate him and refuse to talk to him for four months so when calum sits and pulls him in his lap like they used to do when they were 17, luke is burying his head in his neck and sobbing and their little princess comes back and looks at her blonde father with big eyes 'daddy's upset that you hate him baby..' calum said and her eyes blew 'd-dada..' she crawled in between the two, facing luke and kissing his lips and luke smiled and ruffled her hair 'that's my baby girl.'