Chapter 9 - Lost Without You

Madalyn's P.O.V.

I was back at home in my room chatting with Iestyn, Selina, Emanuel, and Najat.

Selina: You're kidding! You threw Optimus in the river?!

I looked at her with my arms crossed in reply.

Najat: Well, that would explain why you're in such a grouchy mode today, Maddie.

Madalyn: What are you talking about?! I'm not grouchy! I'm glad I got rid of that know-it-all!

Iestyn: But seriously Maddie, don't you think you should go back and try to find Optimus?

Madalyn: Hm?

Iestyn: He's probably feeling lost and afraid down there at the bottom of the river.

Madalyn: Feeling lost and afraid?

Emanuel: I guess you realize what you don't have until it's gone. Personally speaking though, my transformer Predaking and I are as close as close could possibly be!

Madalyn: Huh?

(FLASHBACK)

Optimus: Do you have any idea how dangerous the Prime maneuver is?!

(END OF FLASHBACK)

I got up from my computer desk.

Madalyn: Who cares about him anyway? You know I don't!

Iestyn: Don't say that Maddie!

Selina: Maddie, come back!

They knew I was actually talking about Optimus. I was so mad and upset I ran and just lay there, lifeless, in my bed. My friends kept calling me to come back, but I ignored them. What had I done?

—————

Optimus' P.O.V.

I was in my card form just lying there on the cold gravel at the bottom of the river. A fish swam towards me and touched me with the tip of its mouth. I projected my hologram form and faced the fish.

Optimus: Excuse me, could you please take me to the shore?

The fish just stared at me, then began to swim away.

Optimus: Wait! No! Please wait!

I managed to move the card with me and I began floating after the fish.

Optimus: Don't go! I was merely... ugh! Never mind.

As I floated there, a school of fish sped past me, and I was pulled along with them by the great force of the water.

Optimus: Ahhhhhh!

—————-

The next morning...

Madalyn's P.O.V.

Madalyn: Morning guys.

I arrived at school early the next morning. I was in my classroom putting away my books into my desk when I heard a group of students talking not too far away from me.

???: I see. So in that case you should follow this and set a trap in advance.

Madalyn: Huh?

???: If you avoid a battle here, then your opponent will naturally attack.

The boy who was talking had light brown hair, brown eyes, glasses, an orange dress shirt with a white t-shirt under it, jeans and sneakers. He had a laptop in his hands and was showing the other students a simulator.