Chapter 2 - Spring Battle

Once the light vanished around the three of them, it was like they were in another world. The area around them was covered with colours of red, purple, dark blue, and light blue. The floor of the battlefield was white.

Madalyn: Since I'm in such a good mode, I'll let you set the game card.

Gabriel: Heh, heh, heh, alright then.

Gabriel pressed a button on his tablet and the top side of it opened a card slot.

Gabriel: Game card! Set!

I watched as he pressed the button again and a card fired out of the slot and landed in the middle of the white area. It glowed and grew bigger and bigger until it covered the entire battlefield completely. It changed from a colourful dimension to an abandoned city with every single building in sight either destroyed or completely demolished. I stood on top of one building while Gabriel stood on another building at the other side of me.

Gabriel: Ready or not here I come!

Gabriel launched another card from his tablet into the air and it flew down and lay on the battlefield. On the card it showed an orange and red cassette tape.

Gabriel: Steelclaw! Transform!

The card glowed and the cassette tape appeared floating over the card and then it transformed into a mechanical lion.

Madalyn: Whoa!

I stepped back and looked at Steelclaw in shock. I've never seen this guy before. That's a feeling you get every time you play this game. Just gotta learn to roll with it. I turned on my tablet and it showed the battle field and the two players stats.

Tablet: Welcome Madalyn. Opponent: Minicon Steelclaw. Attack level: 2188. No other data available.

Madalyn: Oh great! Ok, mini means small and it's attack levels are 2188. So at least I know which Transformer I'm dealing with. All I gotta do, is counter attack it with an Autobot with higher attack points. Question is who?

Madalyn scrolled through her cards on the touch screen tablet then selected a card.

Madalyn: That big cat of yours is going down!

I launched my card into the battlefield. The card showed a blue and white racing car.

Madalyn: Mirage! Transform!

The card glowed and the race car flew out of the card and transformed into its robot mode. It was blue and white with green highlights and its weapon of choice was a crossbow.

Tablet: Autobot Mirage. Attack level: 4566. No other data available.

Madalyn & Gabriel: Transformers! Attack!

The two teenagers watched as the two transformers battled. Steelclaw tried to pounce on Mirage, but the Autobot quickly dodged and fired its crossbow at Steelclaw.

Madalyn: Alright!

Gabriel just smirked at me and gave me an evil smile.

Madalyn: Huh?

Gabriel: Game card! Open!

A white square of light opened up under Mirage and Steelclaw. The entire battlefield changed from the abandoned city to a huge desert with pyramids in the background. It started to raise Steelclaws attack because now he was fighting back against Mirage, pinning him to the ground.

Madalyn: What the-?!

I quickly checked my tablet to see what was happening.

Tablet: Steelclaw's attack level increased to 4600.