Chapter 16

I became unconcious and everything became so bright ...

I was in the sky seeing the stars twinkle. My hair color changed into brown and my tail sparkled. I felt powers flowing through my veins.

Someone was whispering "Bedus alsares viduh! Bedus alsares viduh! Bedus alsares viduh!".

It was Amber, you know, the mage. My tail color changed into a rainbow-like color.

Amber finished her chant and the moonstone wasn't a pure moonstone, it was a crescent moonstone. I know, I know... Moonstones don't have kinds. But the Crescent Moonstone is harvested when the moon is in its crescent phase.

Powered by the strongest Celestial Mage, Diana. It was said that Diana's power was transffered to that Crescent Moonstone and whoever recieves it will gain that power. Diana died while doing that magic because it was so powerful, Diana couldn't take it much longer.

Diana's real name was Theoklera. She changed it because she was haunted by Tryphon, her older brother which envied her for the great power she recieved from Sage, the elder wizard of Solon.

Sage was Theoklara's father and Tryphon's step-father... Their mother was Hisako, a japanese witch mermaid who lives in the Pacific Ocean.

I really don't know these stuff... I think its one of the gifts of the Celestial Moonstone. Sage, the elder wizard appeared before me and said "This is my daughter's treasure, take care of it... Change your name into "Neima" which means powerful for no one should ever know who and what you are. You are now a Celestial Witch Of Aegates."

Then everything suddenly became dust...

Amber was standing there wearing her mage robe and holding her Earth Staff. She approached me and told me "Take care, Neima".

Neima... it was my new name and it means" powerful"...

Devion entered my room and said "Onyx...uhmm...I mean Neima, what did Sage told you?" "This is my daughter's treasure, take care of it... Change your name into "Neima" which means powerful for no one should ever know who and what you are. You are now a Celestial Witch Of Aegates. That's what he said." I replied.

"A celestial witch? How is that possible!? You should be a Lunar Mage!" Devion told me angrily then sat down.

Amber butted in "Mages are born, not made. witches practice either light (Sonata) or dark (Lumia) magic to be one. Whoever receives an amulet like the Crescent Moonstone is called a "Witch Of Aegates". Aegates is the ancient mage language word for amulet. Aegates was also the first mage to make amulets for mermaids so that they can be mermaid witches.

"Oh...but mom was-" Devion replied then Amber interrupted and said "Your mom... I was the one who accepted your mom as a mage but she was a death maiden! She practiced Lumia and death magic!!! I told her not to...Polaris is the daughter of a filthy witch names Agatha and a Earth Mage name Ruckus Royale... She was my best student until she practiced both death and dark magic... Death magic are not for witches to practice, it is so strong that no original witch can control."

"Oh..." Devion and I replied.  "I'm gonna go to the Mage palace right now...rest and our journey will begin tomorrow morning at exactly 3:00 am" "Bye.." we told her with a smile then Amber left.

3 am!? That's so early... but mages knows best! 

"Devion, you gotta sleep now. We are going to wake up so early tomorrow..." I told Devion. "Good night..." Devion replied then went to his room. "Good night.." I whispered softly but it reached Devion's ear right before he locks the door.