Chapter 6

Granpa came and he smiled at me and he told me using his mind "I'll handle this."

He.talked.to.me.using.his.mind. The hell!?

Grandma wasn't really grandma... She's a monster!

A doppleganger!!! Or is she...

Really!? Grandma's double... Oh my!

This is a disaster!

Grandpa talked to the fake grandma.

"We're is my wife!?" He asked it kindly.

"All of my life, I always liked you, but after all this time,She is the one you love?" it said angrily.

My grandpa explained everything then the doppleganger look at me coldly.

I was about to go to my room then suddenly...

Kabam! The doppleganger changed to another form. It copied... Regina!?

But why!?

It stared at me like it was going to eat me.

It hurriedly approached me. It bit me. Ah!

It wasn't really a doppleganger!

But what is it?

"You! The mermaid princess! You will never see your mom ever again" she told me then pulled my hair badly then licked it.

Eewww...

Why should she lick it?

Wierd. So wierd...

Then it went off but before that it looked at grandpa and told him "Your ugly wife? In the sea"

Why should she put her in the sea? Grandma is just a normal lady.

Things are getting wierder

I told everything to Emerald and Regina since they are my best friends and they are also mermaidias like me.

I never thought of asking the monster why.

I went to the kitchen and cooked omelets for my grandpa and me but grandpa said "Onyx, you are a mermaid, you should rescue your grandma in the sea. She might die of hypothermia"

I left our omelets cooking.

I hurriedly went to the beach then dived into the sea.

Splash! Oh my! I forgot my tail but... What's happening?

A bright light coming from my heart... I transformed to my mermaid form.

There, I saw grandma... Lying on the sea bed.

She has gills!? My grandma is a mermaid or what?

I carried her to the shore. She was alive!!!

But she was unconscious, I woke her up.

She opened her eyes slowly then she said happily " My Onyx! Thanks for saving me. "

We went to our house.

My grandpa hugged grandpa so toght then teared a little.

Grandma hurriedly took a shower.

One thing that I can't get get off my head is that why does my grandma has fins but no tail.

I asked my grandpa about it.

He told me "Your grandma is a freshwater girl. She really has no tail but has gills. Simeon, your friend is also a freshwater dude. Your grandma was driven away from Rivermiana, the freshwater kingdom because she married me. A saltwater dude. But I am no merman-maid... I am the water guardian. I was also driven away but accepted again because the Law was changed by your mom, the kindest queen of all and she reigned for 45 oceanic years."

I said "oh... That's good but being driven away... That's a no no..."

He laughed then I laughed then we all laughed together.

Emerald texted me

" Hi Onyx, girl, The monster you encountered, it was a doppleganger with a mix of a fury..."

That seems um...odd

Well, if you ask me, they are oh so ugly

I replied her text "That girl, I wanted to squish her so much!!!"

After replying her, Simeon called up...