♡ Your Hidden Talent

You were bored at home with nothing to do. Looks like it was just one of those kind of days. Michael said he was off to run errands somewhere, although you weren't listening as you were saddened by the thought of Michael not being home – again. You walked off around the house for a while, until you passed Michael's studio. You took a few steps back and sighed, wishing he was here.

You decided to just walk his studio as it reminds you of him. You run your fingers across the mixing board, sighing a gentle sigh of incompleteness.

Damn Michael, you think. Why can't my baby be right next to me?

You decided to just play around for a while, turning the stereo while some music played, singing along to the voices as you speak into the mic just for fun.

"Lalala, la, la..." you sing along very gracefully. The thing that Michael didn't know about you was that you had a killer voice, you were even in choir when you were in high school. Everybody says that you sound like another version of Mariah Carey in a way – just a little bit, although you have your own beautiful signature voice too.

You spun around and just sang for a little while longer, playing around with your vocals and singing random lullabies. When suddenly you heard footsteps outside the door, and so you turned the stereo off and listened carefully.

There was silence for a few seconds until the footsteps stopped, and you heard Michael's voice. "(Y/N)? Is that you?" he calls.

"Uh, um," you stumble your words as you quickly open the door. "Michael!" you smile and pretend nothing happened. You give him a tight hug and a squeeze; he returns it but is slightly confused.

"(Y/N)," he pulls away, "was, was that you singing in there?" he asks in astonishment.

"Me? Singing? Michael, don't be ridiculous." You try brushing it off, as you're a bit shy about it.

"Oh come on sweetheart, I heard you laughing as well, and a man always knows his wife's laugh."

"Maybe I was just-"

"Honey, I know it was you." He giggles.

"Fine..." you mumble and put your head down.

"Hey," he lifts your chin up with his fingers, "why are we so shy all of a sudden?"

"I don't know," you laugh. "Maybe because I just...I don't know, I get kind of embarrassed when people hear me sing."

"Well you shouldn't be, because you're voice is so damn beautiful."

"Really?"

"Of course. My God (Y/N), how come you never told me that you had a voice?"

"Everyone has a voice, Michael." You roll your eyes.

"Not like that. Damn, I'll see what I can do for you."  He begins dialling up a number, and you become confused.

"Wait, what are you-"

"Hello, Frank? It's Michael, I want to get (Y/N) a record label."

Your eyes bulge out of your head. "WHAT? MICHAEL-"

"And she's really good too!"

"Give me the damn phone!" you reach up to grab the phone from him, but you don't succeed as he just swats you away and holds the phone higher from you.

Ugh, why does he have to be so tall?

"Okay, thank you, bye," Michael hangs up the phone.

"You are such a dimwit! Why would you just do that without asking me?!?" you scold him.

"Sweetheart, relax! I'm not going to let a voice like that go unnoticed, sorry, no way."

"But..."

"But what?" he says softly, gazing into your eyes.

You sigh. "I'm just afraid of the comparison. You know, since I'm your wife. That's why I haven't really done many things since I've, we've..."

He frowns. "So you're saying that I'm stopping you from doing what you love?"

"No, no no!" you defend. "I just meant that I don't really want the publicity, honestly. It's complicated, I don't know what I'm saying."

"I get it," he says. "Give it a try, will ya? For me?" he pouts.

God knows you can't say no to that face.

"Alright, fine."

"YES!" he hugs you again, planting kisses all over your face.

You place your hands on his lower back and rub it a little. "Aren't I the one who should be excited?"

"You will be, soon. And anyway, a thank you might be nice," he says.

You roll your eyes playfully and look up at his face. "Thank you, Michael," you say sarcastically.

"Good. Would've been better without the sarcasm, but good."

You scoff.

"I'm kind of afraid..." you begin feeling nervous at the thought of having a singing career.

"Hey it'll be alright," he encourages. "And who knows, maybe we can sing together." He kisses your forehead.

You blush lightly. "Hm, maybe..."