♡ Michael's Day Away From You

You just woke up. It's 10:00am and you smile to yourself and roll over hoping to wake Michael up gently and sweetly like everyday. But much to your surprise, he wasn't there and your smile fades away. You shake your head in confusion and get up to go take a shower. You take your clothes off and run the water, lathering soap everywhere on your body. You decided not to wash your hair today though. Once you get out of the shower and get changed into some comfortable clothes, you go downstairs, hoping you'll find Michael, but you don't.

"Michael?" You call aloud. You wonder around the house, then find a note in the kitchen that reads:

Hey (Y/N), I'm sorry about not being here with you today, I didn't want to wake you up since I thought last night tired you out. I'm at a children's hospital a few miles from here, and I might not see you for a few hours. I'm sorry baby, I love you very much,
Michael

Well, he could have told me he was leaving last night you thought to yourself. You sigh and look around the room, feeling slightly irritated with him for leaving you like that. But you can understand, it's his work and it's what he does, it doesn't usually bother you - most of the time.

*

Five hours have passed since you woke up; it's now 5pm. All you have been doing in the house alone this whole time was reading a book, watching Disney movies, eating, and just randomly doodling in a sketch book. Right now, you've gotten back to sitting in front of the TV, your hair is a little bit messy from slouching on the couch, a big bowl of popcorn in your arms that you wish to share with Michael, and no matter how much Pinocchio and Peter Pan cheer you up, it's not the same without Michael.

*

Michael's P.O.V

"Thank you," says a little boy I just gave a present to. 

"You're welcome, I'll sign a picture for you, too." 

The little boy beams as I scribble my signature on a picture and hand it to him; his eyes instantly light up. It makes me so happy to see these children happy. I only wish (Y/N) was here, but after hours of lovemaking last night trying to have a baby, she complained to me saying she's sore, so I let her sleep in. But the problem is, I just found out that I also have to go to the studio straight after this too, and I'm afraid she won't handle that very well. 

"Michael, Michael, Michael!" A seven year old little blonde girl calls to me.

I crouch down to her height and ask, "Yes, beautiful?" 

"I-I..."

"Come on sweetheart, you can say it," a woman next to her was encouraging her. 

"I love you," she finally says and hugs me. 

Everyone 'awws' around us, and I smile and hug her back. 

"I love you more." 

"Michael, this little girl's name is Annie. She has leukaemia, you made her so happy," a lady who I'm guessing is her mother, says. 

I started to tear up a little and I kissed Annie's forehead. 

"I'm so happy I can help her, really," I say. Her mother smiles and hugs me, I hug her back. 

"Mike," my manager says from behind me. "This is a truly incredible experience."

"It's what we do, Frank."

I'm surprised to see even Frank has watery eyes, a little bit. 

I glance over at the time on the ceiling and see that it's already 6pm. I have to get to the studio soon. I turn to Frank and say,

"Frank, we need to go."

*

Your P.O.V

You were flicking through the channels when you saw Michael on the news. Oh great you thought to yourself, what is it this time? 

But much to your surprise, you see Michael laughing, smiling and playing with the kids on TV. You even see one young, attractive looking woman hug Michael, and he looks like he likes it. 

You scoff to yourself, thinking nothing of it, just excited to know Michael is coming home soon. Suddenly the telephone rings. You get up agitated and answer in an abrupt tone, "What?"

"Hey sweetheart, I've missed you," Michael says on the other end. 

"Michael? Boy you have a lot of explaining to do!" 

You hear him sigh then say, "I know baby, I know. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I did leave you a note and-"

"-Screw the note, Michael" you cut him off.

"(Y/N) please, calm down. Listen, I'm in the-"

"You're in the what? Bedroom? With who? Have you forgotten last night?" 

"No! No no no, I was gonna say I-"

"And do you have any idea how that makes me feel? I can't sit around and watch you on TV cuddling up to hot young women and mingling around the place without me with you. Do you really expect me to do that?"

"(Y/N), if you would just listen, please, I-" 

"-And you know what? Go! Have fun, I don't want you here anyway," you say, feeling emotional. 

"Well, fine. Bye," Michael says and hangs up. You feel a tad bit guilty for interrupting him like that, as you did want to know what he was going to say, but you really didn't expect he'd hang up that quickly.

"Arrrgghhh!" You shout aloud.

You go upstairs to yours and Michael's bedroom and sit on your bed, can't help that a few tears are escaping your eyes. 

Suddenly, the door cracks open and a maid comes in. 

"(Y/N), would you like anything?" she asks. 

"No, thank you," you say through your head in a pillow. 

"O-Okay, then," She shuts the door behind her and walks off. 

5 Hours Later...

You bury your face in Michael's chest and fling your arms around his waist, feeling so safe and warm to hold him like this. He finally came home just a few minutes ago.

"M-Michael, why did you h-have to leave me?" You ask in between tears. 

"Shh, I'm sorry," Michael says and pulls away to look at you. 

"(Y/N) you know my work, it's what comes when you're married to me, and you know I hate leaving you unexpectedly, and I was going to say on the phone that I honestly had no idea, it was spontaneous. And I do love you. I'm sorry," he finished with a big passionate kiss on the lips. You gently push him away and say,

"Michael I'm sorry, you shouldn't be. I didn't mean what I said, of course I want you here. I guess we haven't been married for too long, so I would have to get use to this, but all I want to say is that I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, you know..." 

He chucked and said, "Hey, it's okay, really. You're cute when you're jealous."

"I was not jealous," you defend, folding your arms.

"Mm, I think you were," Michael pokes his tongue out at you.

"Shut up, was not!" You playfully hit him in the arm continuously. 

"Ouch, ouch, okay okay!" Michael says in surrender between laughter, rubbing his arm. "I get it." He slowly smiles again, and says quietly, "jealous." 

With that, you push him into the room onto the bed and tickle him until he begs for you to stop. His cute adorable laugh is uncontrollable and he tries to stop you, but fails. You gladly stop and just take a moment to kiss him; he does it back. 

"Apology accepted," he says. You smile, knowing you feel better, and for the whole night, you got him to yourself.