♡ Alison's Suicide Attempt (Part 2)

Alison's P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes and look at my surroundings. I'm in what looks like a hospital room with roses, sunflowers, teddy bears and cards everywhere. No one else is here besides me. I rise up from the bed slowly, looking down and seeing wires attached to my fingers, and one on both sides of my chest. I feel a rush of dizziness hit my head as I sit up in the bed. I don't remember anything.

Suddenly, I see a door opposite me opening, and in walks a nurse, and my mom and dad following behind.

"Well you're finally up," says the nurse as she takes my temperature. "How're you feeling?"

"Uh, f-fine," I respond in a squeaky voice.

"Alison, thank God," Dad says sounding relieved and bends down to give me a hug. I return it, still feeling confused at everything.

As we release, I ask, "Mom, Dad, what's going on?"

They exchange looks but before they can say anything, the nurse says, "She seems to be doing fine. I'll give you some room to talk." And leaves the room.

"Alison sweetheart, why would you do that?" Mom asks, her eyes red and puffy, clutching onto a tissue.

"You scared your mother and I half to death," Dad adds.

I blink slowly. "Huh?"

Dad takes a seat next to my bed and so does Mom. "Honey, you tried killing yourself," Dad says." And I don't know the reason for all of this, but if something is going on, you need to tell us."

It's then I remember everything that happened. The bullying, the pills, etcetera. The last thing I remember before blacking out was my dad stumbling and stuttering on the phone and my mom screaming for dear life as I slowly begin feeling more fatigue than before by each minute.

The nurse pokes her head in through the door; we all turn our heads. "I'm terribly sorry for interrupting, but Mrs. Jackson, can I speak with you for a moment about...a few things..."

Mom sniffles. "Sure." She walks over to the door and blows me a kiss before walking out.

Once the door shuts, Dad shifts closer and continues. "As I was saying, babygirl, if something is wrong, i'd rather you speak to either your mom or me about it so we can help you. And I-I," he began choking up on tears at this point, but forced them back. "Alison, your mom and I fell in love with you from the moment we saw you crying leaning up against a wall in that alley. And for you to think for even a second that you're not as special or not as beautiful as everyone else sees you, breaks my heart."

I sigh. "Everyone else doesn't see me beautiful, Dad."

His head shots up within an instant. "I do. I think you are. So does your family. I don't know what all those people have been saying at school, but I want you to remember that you're beautiful, incredible, amazing, wonderful, worthy, and so, so, so talented. I just wish you saw that."

I keep my head down; he lifts it up. "I know how hard it can be, look at everything I've been through. And I know how hard it can get, but you've got to lift. Because sometimes that's how it is, and life is going to stab you in the back sometimes, but the important thing to remember is that I'll be there to catch you when you fall..." He begins sobbing now, and my heart shatters into a million pieces.

"Daddy...Don't cry, I love you."

He looks up at me and forces a smile. "You called me Daddy."

"I just miss it. Is that okay with you, Daddy?"

He rubs my cheek. "More than okay."

"Promise you'll never leave me, stay with me forever?" I ask.

"Until I reach 100 years old sweetheart, I'll always stay with you."

I smile. My daddy loves me.

From then on I learned to appreciate everything in life. I was homeschooled from then on, but I continued to try and stay strong throughout everything. My Dad is the biggest inspiration to me. Not because he's Michael Jackson the superstar, but because he's Daddy to me. And I hope he'll continue to stay in my life forever, and never leave.

Oh if this was real, how wrong she'll be in 2009 :(

I had fun writing this, thanks for reading y'all <3

-Demi.