♡ You Get Sick

It's Thursday morning. You gasp for air as you've just woken up from a nightmare. You roll over in bed and notice that your throat is killing you. Every time you swallow it feels as if the devil is clawing at your tonsils with his sharp ass nails. You groan and rub the outside of your neck, thinking, not again.

You and Michael have been traveling all over the place lately and you're pretty sensitive to the weather changes which was the main cause of you feeling ill every now and then.  You roll your eyes and look at the clock on the nightstand. It's 6am on the dot. You glance over at Michael who's sleeping peacefully with his back towards your front, watching his figure slowly rise then fall.

You slowly get up from your bed and tip toe out of the room quietly into the bathroom. You splash cold water on your face and damp it dry with a towel. You accidentally trip on the mini step as your walking out of the bathroom which makes a loud bang noise. Your bare foot just got banged on the door. You shut your eyes tightly and make a quiet "oww" sound. You see Michael slowly rising up from the bed and make eye contact with you.

"(Y/N)? Is that you?" he asks as he rubs his eyes.

You sigh. Unable to speak, you just nod your head. He gets up and walks over to you, about to kiss you when you push his chest gently away.

He frowns then pouts. "What's wrong? I can't give my wife a kiss before i tuck her back to sleep with me?"

You shake your head no and rub your neck again, trying to indicate your throat is killing you.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

You keep patting your neck until he gets it.

He makes the oh-i-got-it face and says, "Aw babe, you have a sore throat?"

You nod your head and look down, feeling annoyed and agitated with your well-being state.

"Oh, what are we gonna do?" Michael strokes your cheek and sighs. "I'll get you some medication, but for now, i'll help you rest up."

He guides you back over to the bed and fixes it up neatly as he tucks you inside and kisses your forehead. "I'll get you some lozenges and tea. Hang tight." And with that, you're left alone in a dim lit room.

He comes back within a few minutes holding a tray of stuff. He flicks the light switch on and walks over to the bed and places a gold platter in front of you. "A beautiful golden tray for my beautiful golden queen. I made you lemon tea, brought you crackers in case you got hungry, and some lozenges. Oh and i called your doctor about it."

You're about to speak when he shushes you. "You don't need to say anything. You're welcome." He kisses the tip of your nose and takes a seat next to you, helping you eat.

You feel lucky to have a husband who cares and are always grateful to have him. Plus, he makes some damn good tea.