“That would be great, just give me directions and I should probably get your number?” I say not really sure what she meant by “he”, I take my phone out. She gives me directions on a piece of paper from her handbag and I get her number.

“I will see you at around one o’clock; I gotta go get these groceries home before mom wakes up. I’m so happy I finally met you!” I say as she gives me another hug.

“I know Hun, I’ve wanted to come see you for so long, but things are very complicated and I couldn’t come over to where you were staying, but now that you are here we're definitely not going to lose touch! You’re my family and I want you in my life,” she smiles and wipes the tears away.

“I know how you feel, I don’t have any family, I just have mom and now I have you…” her smile falters when I mention my mother but she regains her smile just as quick when I mention that I have her.

We say our goodbyes and I continue my shopping as she leaves the store.

Once I get home I decide not to tell mom of my reunion with Alex, I’m just scared that it brings up memories with dad and she has a melt down again. I will tell her about Alex eventually but I wanted to talk to Alex about it first.

I unpack groceries and restock the fridge as mom comes out from taking a shower.

“Sorry about that Lexi, I just haven’t had a chance to go grocery shopping.” She says as she helps unpack food.

“It’s okay, I don’t mind going, I know you work long hours and I didn’t have anything to do this morning,” I say back to her.

“Thanks babe, what are your plans for today?” she asks as she walks towards the lounge area.

I freeze a little, I don’t want to tell her about Alex but I hate lying to my mother, so I guess I will tell her the truth but not really explain it, “I’m going to meet my friend Alex for lunch, so I might come home a little late, she stays in the next town so will it be okay if I use your car? “

“In the next town? Ummm…that’s a different terr…I mean I don’t know if that’s safe Lexi , you don’t really know anyone there and what if you run into trouble or something ? How did you meet Alex, if she lives in the other town then I know she wouldn’t have gone to your school?” I’m a bit confused why she is showing concern and asking all these questions I wasn’t expecting, this is the first time she’s worried about me since dad’s death and to be honest it kind of throws me off.

“Mom, Alex will be there if anything did happen, I actually ran into her at the supermarket and we got along pretty well, I’m just trying to make friends mom, please?” I say “mom” knowing how much she misses that, maybe this will convince her not to worry.

“Okay, I guess it’s alright, I was going to get a lift to work with Ambz anyways, just text me when you get there and when you leave okay? I’m going to go over to Amber for tea, so if I don’t see you when you leave just remember what I said Lexi, “she says and gives me a hug.

I stand there in shock as she walks out the door, did that just happen? She acted like she cared? Maybe she is getting better , I haven’t seen her so often the past few days , she’s either at work , Amber's house or visiting the new boyfriend that I haven’t met yet, she apparently met him at work. I wonder what brought about the change in her. That was pretty weird; she acted like my “mother” not Georgina.

I make myself a sandwich and sit on the couch thinking about my mother and what just happened. I look at my phone and see I have 2 messages.

DRAKE at 05:27am : Morning Babe , I really hope I’m not waking you up , I can’t stop thinking about you and those lips ; ) What’s your plans for today? Miss you already.