Chapter 10 : Jax POV

Chapter 10:

JAX POV

The minute I saw her walk into the bar, I thought she was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and I knew that there was something special and different about her, we need to make her ours, my wolf tells me and I surprisingly agree.

As she got closer and looked around the bar taking in her surroundings, her beautiful eyes showed so much emotion as if she carried the world on her shoulders yet she seemed so innocent.

I watched the mysterious girl the whole night from across the bar, she was looking at our table now and she seemed to be reading my friends that sat with me. I was with my four friends, Rachel and Mark (who are mates) and Ronny – who is basically my sister yet the fates thought it would be a great idea that we were mates; neither of us thought that we should act on it though and our wolves fully agreed that it definitely wasn’t meant to be.

Ronny was sitting next to the love of her life, her girlfriend Chloe, she knows all about us and she loves Ronny and her wolf Star just as much as they love her.

So basically I’m the fifth wheel tonight, of course my best friend Drake is usually my wing-man since he hasn't found his mate yet but he met this human that he seems to have fallen for, crazy thing is – he has only ever met her in his wolf form and doesn’t even know her name.

He’s not here tonight because he’s gone out to the Waterfall hoping she would show up. That boy is seriously whipped, no doubt I’m happy for him and I guess I’m a little jealous that he’s found someone and feels so strongly for her.

I don’t really keep girls around for long, I get bored so quickly and I haven’t really found anyone that intrigues me.  I usually “hang out” with this cheer-leader from school; Chelsea is just like any of the other girls who think they’re special to me. She also constantly tries her luck with Drake.

He is quite popular amongst the girls, he doesn’t hook up with the same chick twice and since he hooked up with Chelsea a few months ago he would never touch her again. He says there’s too many girls to go around - he doesn’t have to “recycle them”, well that was Drake before he met the chick at the waterfall maybe he’s changing after all since he hasn’t hooked up with anyone these past few days.

 Drake also isn’t really fond of humans so he tends to stick to the were-girls, I think that’s why all of us are quite surprised at the fact that he’s now interested in a human.

I wasn’t fazed that he hooked up with Chelsea , I mean …it’s not like we are in a relationship although she does try hard, plus I kinda hook up with other dolls too, and unlike Drake , I don’t mind “recycling” as long as they know that it’s only sex - nothing more.

I know I’m a dick and they know it too – I do what I want, when I want and I only answer to my father, who is Alpha of our pack . Since I’m going to be Alpha after I finish school people tend to bow to me, girls try to get on my good side and of course I use that to my advantage.

The girl catches me looking at her and I nod my head greeting her and she smiles back, I made her blush and it just makes me smile wider, damn she is perfect. She turns her head clearly trying to hide her blushing face. I overhear the remark the woman handing her a shot tells her about “ogling” me. I smile to myself again as she tells the woman to keep quiet and her face reddens again. I turn to my friends not realizing they have been observing my little exchange with the girl across the bar.

“Ronny, don’t look at me like that!” I brush her off.

“You look love-struck,” she laughs and the others join in, clearly never seen me this interested in a girl before.  “You better go and talk to her before she leaves, coz by the looks of things they getting ready to go.” She says as she looks over to where the girl was sitting.