Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

Back to Lexi’s POV…

As Jax walks past me, I see the sad look in his eyes as he starts silently pacing my room as if he is thinking about something. Please don’t tell me he’s here to end our friendship... as that thought crosses my mind I rush over to were Jax is standing and dive into his arms and wrap my tight arms around his waist,

“I’m so sorry Jax , please forgive me – I swear I will apologise to your girlfriend as soon as I see her at school . I'm sorry, please don’t end our friendship ….I need y…. I mean I… I can’t lose you please Jax I promise I will be a better friend !" trying to keep my tears from spilling out I stutter into his chest  holding him tight , I feel him tense as I put my arms around him then he puts his arms around me and gives me a gentle squeeze as he listens to what I say . He nuzzles his face in my neck and I hear him take a deep breath as if he's smelling me.

“Baby please don’t apologise , I came here to apologise to you. Chelsea isn’t my girlfriend and I didn’t know she was treating you that way. I was just angry because no one told me that she was treating you like shit, “ he says this as he lifts my chin up so I can look into those beautiful emerald eyes of his .

"So you aren't mad at me ? I thought you came here because you didn’t want to be friends with me anymore…” I say as I look at his chest trying to hide my insecurities, remembering i'm still in his arms and he is still holding me tightly against him,comforting me .

“Ahhh no Lex , I need you too baby , I wouldn’t want to lose you over such a silly thing , in fact I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself . I just didn’t know that you were that feisty and... from what I heard it was quite sexy, “ he smirks at me ,” but Lexi you should just keep your distance from those girls , they can be quite dangerous and well...even though you can defend yourself - if those girls gang up on you when none of us are around , they could really hurt you, don’t worry though baby if those girls know what’s good for them they will stay far away from you , I've had a chat with Chelsea about it. “

“Jax! I can sort my own problems out , I don’t need you to fight my battles for me , clearly I know what I'm doing , arg seriously ! “ I whisper shout at him and go and sit on my bed with my knees up , hands folded and head down trying to calm myself .

I feel the bed dip and Jax’s warm body near mine. He puts his arm over my shoulder . I look into his face and he has a grin , “Lexi , I'm not gonna argue about this with you , its already done – I just want you safe , please don’t be mad at me ,” he says as he pulls me into his arms lying next to me on my bed.

I sigh  , “ okay Jax , thank you….for everything .”

“Pleasure babe, how was movie night?” Jax asks.

I tell him all about the movie we watched and how scared I was  he laughs at me ,” you’re such a little girl!” he says as he rubs my back up and down.

“Whatever !” I laugh at him ,” Ummm Jax …. “ I lift my head up so that my chin is leaning on his chest and he’s looking down at me , this seems rather intimate but I enjoy being close to him , “ Drake asked me to be his girlfriend  and... I said yes ,” I tell him and I feel him slightly tense and as if It never happened he relaxes and carries on rubbing my back gently .

“That’s cool Lex , Drake is a good guy , he will treat you right …” he says as he looks away from my eyes.

“Whats wrong Jax?” I ask , sensing something is wrong.

“I don’t know , its just that…. Arg I dono …” he hesitates.

“Please tell me ?”

“Okay well...now that you and Drake are together I just hope…that…we will still stay close ,” he says as he turns his head blushing.

“Aw Jax! Nothing’s going to change between us , you’re still my best friend and if you think this is going to stop us from being “us” then tell me , I won’t date Drake. You are too important to me to lose …” I stammer.

“Baby you’re just as important to me and I don’t wanna lose you, I know we are best friends and nothing more and even though we close I just don’t want to ruin what we have you know…”

“Yeah Jax , I know what you mean , you and Ronny are my family , you know I love you right? “ I tell Jax as I look into his eyes.

He looks down at me and a smile comes across his face as it lights up like he’s never heard someone tell him they love him, he bends down and kisses my cheek ,” I love you to Lex, “ he says , but when he says this it feels like he means more , it was almost….intimate. Nah I’m going crazy , someone like Jax couldn’t possibly want someone like me , it was definitely a sisterly “I love you” yeah that’s what it was…

I smile at him and we lie quietly next to each other both of us deep in thought, “Lexi? Do you believe in fate?” He asks me randomly.

“What do you mean? Like everything happens for a reason and all that crap? “he chuckles at my response , “yeah , do you believe in it? “

“Yeah I guess, I don’t really know, I mean I wish some things didn’t happen you know? And I wish I could change things but then I wouldn’t be where I am now and I wouldn’t have met you guys,” I say as I look up to him again.

“What do you mean?” he says as he starts playing with a piece of my hair .”You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to Lex.”

“No I want to tell you , it’s okay , I haven’t really spoken to anyone about any of this and I guess I should tell someone ….Well, you probably know about my dad being dead right , so anyway you see when my dad was still alive my mother was the perfect mom, like the hole housewife thing and yeah, she was my best friend but then when my dad died it was like he took that part of her with him and I was left with that woman.“  I say as I point to her room. “I didn’t know what to do , I tried to help her but she was still so sad ,I felt that I wasn’t strong enough for her because I was also dealing with the emotions from losing dad . So I decided that I would keep all those emotions inside so that I can be strong enough for both of us you know? She said she had no one to live for and she was alone but she didn’t see how I was still there , I also lost him… She couldn’t handle it though, he was her soul mate and her heart was broken and seeing her like that made me break . I don’t know if she will get better , she has her good days and bad ones like when she doesn’t want me around, but I need her and I know she needs me – even if she doesn’t want me …” I say as I cuddle up closer to his side.

He pulls me even closer ,”I’m so sorry Alexia , I didn’t know the whole story, you don’t have to keep it in anymore. You have me now and you can tell me anything, I will always be here for you.”

“Thank you Jax , don’t know what I would do without you.” I say as I yawn.

“ Pleasure babe , I think its time for you to go to bed now, “ he starts to get up.

“No , please just stay a lil’ while please ? Just until I fall asleep ?“ I say as I pull his arm back to the bed . He smiles at me and nods. He opens the covers for us and I slip in, he pulls me into him so my back is against his chest and my head is on his one arm. The warmth from his body quickly comforts me. I know he’s not my boyfriend and this is definitely more intimate than just a friendship but I don’t want to be alone and I feel safe in his strong arms. His hand comes around my waist and laces his fingers with mine; I grab his other hand from the arm that my head rests on and lace my fingers with his. I feel a shudder come from his body and I smile. His head is near my neck and I can feel him breathing on my neck giving me goosebumps,

He kisses my neck , I’m not sure what to do, that wasn’t a friendly kiss at all. I act as if I'm sleeping and don’t respond to his kiss.

“Goodnight my Lexi, I love you,” he whispers against my neck and kisses my neck again squeezing me into him.

Why does this feel right? Like I should be here? It feels sooo good, like he wants me as much as I want him. Ahhh I can’t think this, I have Drake now … I can’t lose them both.

Finally I fall asleep as I hear the words whispered in my ears, “Baby you may be Drakes girlfriend now but you will always be mine, don’t forget that…”