ch. 13

chandler's pov:

upon arriving home, everything was given an eerie feeling, and i instantly knew we weren't alone. i felt like a guest in my own home, sending shivers down my spine. i am hell, but this felt like something more. something undescribable.

instantly, i took precautions for my autumn.

"autumn, baby. come here. i know you like our room, and i'm sorry. but it's time we move you back in the basement." i grabbed her arm, forcing her down the steps. it's not like i wanted to hide autumn away, that's the last thing i wanted, but i knew it was safest. something or someone had escaped hell, and now they were looking for revenge. that fucked up michael kid was right, and i felt like an idiot for not listening.

"what?! no! chandler, you can't do this! i love you! i'm not going to leave you... not ever. you're my life, the only one who's touched my heart.." she cried, tears beginning to spill as i locked her in the cage she had once been submitted to in the beginning of her stay.

"shut up! just shut up!" i demanded, not wanting to hear her cries of dispair any longer. hearing, let alone knowing, autumn was hurt was enough to make me shove a knife through my heart a million times. but then again, that wouldn't and couldn't kill me.

i found the chains, rusted from never being used, and attatched them to autumn's wrists and ankles. i debated hiding her cage, but that would be too much for her. she would have a panic attack, leaving me feeling guilty for the rest of my life, no matter how safe she would be.

i kneeled down, staring straight into autumn's eyes. "listen, princess," i began while clutching her hand tightly with mine. her sobs instantly began to slow down, causing a smile to creep upon my face.

"it's not like i want to hide you down here, that's the last thing i want. i never wanted to see you down here again, it would be a reminder of when you didn't want me. but i need you to stay calm and be strong. someone's coming, and they're going to be dangerous. i can't have you around that kind of stuff.. would you like to stay with your family?" i questioned, although i wanted the answer to be no. but it was the best way to keep her safe, and i couldn't deny that.

"r-really? you'd let me do that?" she asked, her nose red and her cheeks stained from all the crying. i didn't allow autumn to wear makeup, it would take away from her natural beauty.

"sadly, i have no other choice. do you promise to follow my rules and only my rules while you're away? and call me every five minutes, just so i can hear your voice and know you're okay? promise me." i demanded, knowing my good little girl would obviously say yes.

she nodded slowly, and then promised me from the bottom of her heart. i knew she was being sincere, so i let her out.

"now, let's get you to my car, yeah? oh, remember, you're not allowed to drive. this will only be for a little while, dear. if you're ever unsure as to whether you're allowed to do something or not, please call me. i don't care if it's every two minutes. this is a big fucking deal for me, letting you out of my sight." i explained while gently placing autumn in my car. she smiled brightly and began to go on and on about the stories she would tell elena. she would explain to her the boy she met while she was away, and all i could do was pretend to listen. i was terrified of whatever was coming from hell, and i was terrified of losing my autumn to another man. this was going to be difficult, but it was the best way to keep us both safe. with autumn rambling on, i began driving out of the woods and toward her house. all i could imagine is why this wouldn't have happened if i had listened to michael.

//

i acTUALLY REALLY ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU DID TOO I HOPE EVERYONES HAVING AN AMAZING SATURDAY I LOVE YOU GUYS THANK YOU SM FOR READING
-joce