Chapter 30.

Zuri groaned as she woke her up, she looked straight up at the sky to see Ichigo standing opposite Aizen. She groaned as she sat up, Unohana walked toward her.

“Allow me to heal you” she spoke softly.

Zuri shrugged her off “No, heal the others first”

“But you are in a critical condition” Unohana spoke sternly

Zuri ignored her and then stood up and stumbled over to Sasume and Miho. Sasume was helping healing the others while Miho was being healed. They smiled once they saw Zuri.

“It’s nice to see you two again” Zuri smiled, but it was distant.

Zuri’s mind was on Ichigo and they noticed.

“Do you like Ichigo?” Miho asked

“Yes” Zuri replied

“Do you love Ichigo?” Sasume asked.

Zuri paused before answering, did she love Ichigo? “Yes”

“Tell him before its too late” Sasume spoke quietly

Zuri nodded and took off to find Ichigo, she found him near a building with Isshin his father who was in a Shinigami uniform. Zuri arched an eyebrow but said nothing. As Zuri watched Ichigo, she realised she really did love him, she didn’t know when she started loving him but she did. Zuri smiled she didn’t mean to fall in love, but it happened anyway, she chuckled, she fell for the one she hated most. Her mother was right ‘By hate, love grows’.

“Ichigo?” Zuri spoke saying Ichigo’s name.

Ichigo turned to face Zuri only to have her force their lips together. Zuri deepened the kiss by putting her hands around his neck, she wasn’t sure whether this would be the last time they saw each other so she wanted to make the most of it.

“Be careful” she whispered against his lips

Ichigo nodded then walked off. Zuri watched him leave then bit her lower lip.

“You should say what is on your mind, Zuri” Isshin spoke next to Zuri as he watched his son.

Zuri looked up at him “I’m not sure of my feelings for him and whether he’d return them”

“I’m sure he will” Isshin smiled, “Just believe in your heart”

Zuri closed her eyes for a moment so she could think. She wasn’t sure what she felt for Ichigo but she knew she liked him a lot, but she wasn’t sure if she was ready to say it, she wanted to because I might be the last time she could every say it and it would also be the first time she has said it.

Zuri took a deep breath and then looked at Ichigo “I love you Strawberry!”

Ichigo froze and then looked over his shoulder at Zuri who was blushing like a tomato; he smiled at her then flash stepped to Aizen. Next Isshin flashed stepped away. Father and son were going to battle together. Zuri sighed and walked back over to Miho and Sasume.

“Did you tell him?” Sasume asked she ringed out some water from a towel.

Zuri nodded and sighed

“What exactly did you say?” Miho perked up.

“I said ‘I love you Strawberry’” Zuri admitted.

“You actually said Strawberry?” Sasume groaned.

“Yes? Shit! Was that bad?” Zuri said starting to panic

“No, no its fine” Miho said comforting the pink-haired girl “If you said his actual name people would start to worry” Miho laughed “Since you only say Ichigo when something bad will happen”