Chapter 12.

Then Ichigo awoke to the sounds of swords clashing together. He opened his eyes to see Miho and Zuri fighting, it was obvious that Miho was winning.

“Rukia’s gone!” Ichigo shouted sitting up, but he got a pounding of a headache and held his head.

“What!” Zuri screamed, attempting to glance at Ichigo.

“Always look at your opponent” Miho shouted slamming her sword down on Zuri’s.

Sasume ran up toward Ichigo with a bowl of water, using the water she placed it against Ichigo’s head soothing his headache. He mumbled a ‘thanks’ to Sasume as she did this. Sasume smiled back as a way of saying thank you.

Ichigo then carried on talking “She went back to Soul Society”

Zuri wanted to reply but she couldn’t because Miho kept slamming her sword down on hers, they were both letting their anger out through their fighting. Zuri was panting and scratches on her face made her slower and weaker.

“She committed a felony” he mumbled “So that means she will be executed.”

Zuri’s body glowed as her anger rose. The power inside her increased, protecting her friends and family was the sole reason she wanted to control her power. The power inside her was darker as she thought about her friend dying.

Zuri growled as she launched herself at Miho and slammed her sword down on hers, metal hitting metal.

“Zuri! Calm down!” Sasume called worried for both Zuri and Miho.

Zuri didn’t calm down. She was no longer panting and didn’t feel the pain of the cuts all over her body. Zuri went straight for Miho, Miho was slow to react but she still managed to dodge Zuri’s sword. Miho was panting now; Zuri was aiming too many blows for Miho to handle.

“Guys! Help! She’s going out of control” Miho panted.

Zuri smirked evilly; she was no longer the Zuri from moments ago, she was the Zuri that most would learn to fear if they already don’t. The darkness around her darkened and became more eerie and full of death.

Sasume bit her lip, she was eager to join in with trying to stop Zuri but she carried on healing Ichigo’s wounds. Turning around she noticed her was gone.

Ichigo was standing with his sword over her shoulder “Hey, Shorty!”

Zuri looked at him her eyes dripping with anger and hatred. Death was the only thing that echoed through her mind. Zuri had her sword slammed her up against Miho’s. But she still looked over at Ichigo.

Zuri then launched herself straight for Ichigo, in a split second she had her Zanpakuto slammed up against Ichigo her smirk never leaving her face, not even for a second.

“Bring it on, Hansom” Zuri smirked.

Ichigo blushed slightly at her comment of calling him a ‘hansom’ but brushed it off and pushed her back with his reiatsu. As soon as he pushed her back she came in for another attack. Ichigo luckily wasn’t slow at reacting so he was always blocking her attacks.

The fight went on for 20 more minutes, Ichigo was panting and was having trouble keeping up with Zuri, he looked at her, she stood opposite him covered in cuts and bruises yet her face still held a smirk, it was as if she didn’t feel any of the pain, well if she did she was ignoring it.

Ichigo lunched for Zuri and pinned her to the ground before she had chance to her react. While she was lying beneath him he noticed her eyes had changed, he never took noticed before, but usually they were a bright blue full of warmth and glamour. These eyes were midnight blue and held no shine, all it held was the coldness of death and the thrill to kill.