Chapter 8.

Zuri entered Urahara’s shop with attitude. She wanted to become strong and she wanted to do it now.

She’s just like Ichigo” Urahara thought to himself

“Oi, Mr. Hat’n’Clogs?” she called out to him.

“Hm?” he replied, then he saw her arched eyebrow “Oh yes, yes. Put this on.”

He handed her a necklace with a small pendant hanging at the bottom, in the middle of the pendant was 2 cats circling each other. One cat was pure white with death coloured eyes, the other cat was midnight black with glowing silver eyes.

“It’s beautiful” Zuri gasped attaching the necklace around her neck.

“Go on down to the fight field” Urahara smiled behind his fan “Be careful, Zuri

A huge door in the floor opened up revealing a massive stair way, she peered down it and felt something touch her, she leaned forward too much and fell down landing on her feet.

In front of her was Sasume wearing a short kimono and sword in her hand next to her was Miho, she too was wearing a short black kimono but her sword was lazily placed on her shoulder

“Right, girls, begin!” Urahara shouted.

Sasume and Miho both ran toward Zuri with their Zanpakuto, Zuri gasped and ran behind a massive boulder and ducked down. The boulder smashed at the two girls slammed their Zanpakuto’s down on it.

Zuri stood up and pointed a shaky finger at each and every one of them.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing? 2-on-1 is not fair?” She screeched outraged, “And I don’t even have a weapon”

“You’re right, Miho you’re up, Sasume is more defence than offence” Urahara mumbled cheekily fanning himself.

Miho smirked down at Zuri and held onto her Zanpakuto tighter, a flame formed in her eyes. Zuri gulped she was completely defenceless. Miho looked like a burning flame that if you touched it, it would only make the flame bigger and more powerful.

“Think about changing Zuri!” Sasume shouted.

Zuri concentrated, she remembers Miho telling her about reiatsu and that it was the main thing about Shinigami. She felt the need to concentrate her reiatsu.

“Arrgh!” She screamed throwing her hands up in the air. “What am I meant to be concentrating on?”

She dodged another attack from Miho. Miho’s Zanpakuto burned whatever it touched and melted it like malting lava. The fire around the handle of the sword acted as a shield for Miho’s hands so it stopped someone from trying to hit her Zanpakuto out of her hand. Fire leaked out the top of the sword and spat some onto the ground burning it like acid.

“Think back to what made you change!” Urahara shouted from up above on a boulder.

Zuri got ready to shout at him but she was blown away but Miho’s fiery attack. Then a light bulb lit itself inside Zuri’s mind. She thought about her little brother and him being in danger. The wind picked up around her, a circle of black and white reiatsu formed itself on the ground. It exploded upwards covering her from everyone’s view.

Urahara smirked while Miho and Sasume gasped.

Once they reiatsu disappeared and the dust from the wind calmed down, they glanced upon Zuri to see she was wearing her form of the Shinigami uniform with her hand on her hip and her abnormally large Zanpakuto placed her shoulder. She smirked, shadow’s kissed at her skin and dared Miho to attack.

The whole stance read; bring it on.

“Looks like it’s time to start getting serious” Miho smirked holding onto her Zanpakuto tighter.

“I’m ready when you are” Zuri smirked back taking her Zanpakuto off her shoulder and pointing it toward Miho.

In the blink of an eye Miho had her Zanpakuto slammed up against Zuri’s and was forcing her back, Zuri only had seconds to respond but she wasn’t skilled enough to stop herself from going backwards so she jumped out the way letting Miho’s Zanpakuto slam on the ground beside her cutting a small strand of her hair.

Too close.” Zuri thought gulping.

The dust from the blow started clearing and Miho wasn’t anyway to be seen. SMASH! Miho’s sword slammed against Zuri’s sending her backward, she kept up these constant blows hoping Zuri would fight back.

A gash formed on Zuri’s shoulder and oozed out blood as Miho pulled her sword back and smirked down at her.

Whatever attitude Zuri had before had completely vanished now and she was afraid. She didn’t know how to fight and was afraid of letting the power inside her take over.

Zuri fell forward using her Zanpakuto as a walking stick to keep her balanced, the blood was quickly washing through her closes, her vision started to blur.

Suddenly Zuri’s eyes darkened, the shine on them was quickly fading until the necklace underneath her shirt glowed, it wasn’t a noticeable glow, but it was still there Zuri didn’t see it, but the shine quickly came back into her eyes but instead of turning back to the bright blue they stayed a dark blue. The reiatsu around her increased to an amazing level.

Miho would have gulped but she didn’t have time. This time Zuri slammed her reiatsu onto Miho’s and kept doing this, but Miho was skilled enough to dodge the attacks. Zuri smirked.

“Is it me or are you getting slower?”Zuri smirked cheekily.

Miho disappeared and reappeared behind Zuri and kicked her in the back on the head.

“It’s just you” Miho smirked.

They were about to continue when Urahara stopped them by clapping his hands. Zuri’s eyes turned back into the bright blue. Both girls panted as they turned to face Urahara.

“Looks like you can control when you go into the Shinigami state” he kept clapping his hands.

Zuri bowed in a mocking manner. Miho giggled and Sasume laughed as she hopped off a nearby boulder and next to Urahara her father.

The two girls playfully punched eachother’s shoulders as they walked toward Urahara, they were complitmenting each other on their fight skills.

“Wow, where did all that power come from?” Miho asked gasping.

Zuri shrugged “I have no idea, but...” she stopped, pondering for a moment as to how to finish that sentence, she left it hanging and looked up at the sky.

Good it work” Urahara thought glancing down at the twin cat pendant hanging around Zuri’s neck.

“You still can’t beat me though” Miho smirked “You tried, you failed, and you lost”

Zuri growled then hit Miho on the back of the head playfully, “I don’t need someone telling me that”

Miho poked her tongue out childishly, everyone then laughed. But deep down Zuri was annoyed that she lost, she knew she’d have no chance of winning but she hated the fact that she lost. Today the power inside her was controllable and that’s how she wanted it to stay, but she knew it wouldn’t always be that easy to control. Yet she wanted to become stronger and not be afraid but that would never happen.

Once you have a fear, it always concurs your life even if you think you have gotten over it.