Chapter 11.

The guy known as Renji grabbed the handle of his sword and jumped down slamming his sword Rukia, she dodged, but barely. The power of his blow erupted from the ground in a bright light.

“You had a pursuer from Soul Society closing in behind you, and...” he started “...you were so lost in thought that you didn’t realise until I spoke.”

Rukia’s eyes widened in shock. Her body started shaking.

“I don’t care if you are in a faux body, in just these two or three months... you’ve gotten way to soft.” He continued “Spit it out, Rukia... Where’s the human who took your powers?”

“What are you talking about?” Rukia asked trying to act normal “Just because I’m in a faux body doesn’t mean my powers were taken. Furthermore. What makes you think the one who supposedly took them was human?”

“He is human” Renji mumbled annoyed “Otherwise, you ... wouldn’t have that stupid human expression on your face!”

Rukia’s eyes widened once more in extreme shock.

“You’re just another kid from Rukongai like me...and still you were lucky enough to get taken in by the Noble House of Kuchiki.” He spat “With all that money and effort spent on you, weren’t you supposed to become one of the Shinigami Elite?!”

He started pacing, Rukia’s eyes followed him, still remaining unmoved by anything he has said.

“You’re Kuchiki freaking Rukia, damn it” he spat again “There’s no way it’s right for you to wear that human expression!”

The wind picked up around them sending leaves through it, the moon shone down at them.

“Ain’t that right, Captain Kuchiki?” he smirked now.

A man appeared behind Rukia; he wore the Captain’s uniform and had black hair down to his sholder with a stern and serious expression on his face. Rukia turned to him.

“Byakuya... nii-sama” she stuttered.

“Rukia” he replied his voice monotone.

Renji aimed his sword for Rukia, she dodged it but just in time, it ended up grazing her cheek leaving a scratch, blood oozed out the fresh wound.

“The transfer of Shinigami powers to a human, is a felony, y’know” Renji said staring Rukia down, “Leaving the execution to us, instead of the Corrections Corps, was probably the Brass’ version of kindness. Now spill the location, Rukia. We’re here... to capture you...and kill the guy who took your powers. Don’t protect him. You realise don’t you, you didn’t dodge my first two attacks, I let you dodge them.”

Renji started edging himself closer to Rukia; with each step he took toward her she took the exact same step back. Byakuya just stood and watched the upcoming fight. Renji swung his sword toward Rukia, she jumped up in the air to dodge it, once she landed Renji was aiming another attack for her.

This time she was too slow to react so she ended up rolling along the floor. Rukia stood up dusting herself off and looked at Renji, her wound still oozed blood. She held her shoulder and fell to her knees.

“Well, now...” he walked toward her and aimed his sword for her.

In the reflection of his sword Renji saw a ball of reiastu aimed for him, he dodged it and looked ahead at the culprit to see Ishida.

“Two me with weapons attacking an unarmed girl...not a very pleasant thing to see” Ishida mumbled holding a bag of sewing supplies, “I don’t really like that sort of thing.”