Chapter 1.

The sun started setting as the girl walked along the concrete ground, her footsteps echoing through the breeze. Souls surrounded her, they saw her as another human who could not see them, but she could, she just chose not to.

The souls were swarming this part of town, some creating havoc to the locals, some just being happy they are with someone and not alone.

Focus” She thought “I don’t want them knowing I can see them

She feared souls, that fear made her not want to see them, it made her life uneasy, ever since she could remember she could live amongst the souls seeing them but never being seen by them, never really understanding anything about them, no-one knows she actually can see them.

Breathe” she thought, taking a deep breath, still looking ahead making sure not to create eye-contact with one of the souls.

She quickened her pace, not so it would seem abnormal but it would just seem as if she were late for something. As she turned the corner at the end of the road, the wind brushed through her long pink hair like a comb as if it was brushing it. Her dark blue eyes widened as she felt a soul brush past her shoulder, she gasped.

Do they know I can see them?” she thought

She glanced sideways at the soul. No he didn’t see her; he didn’t even acknowledge that he brushed up against her. She let out a shaky breath and kept walking never taking her eyes off the path in front of her; she fears they will find out the truth. She kept on walking finally ending as she came upon her new house.

“Zuri” a voice called the girl; she looked up to see her mother; Mrs Watanabe

“Yes?” Zuri answered smiling at Mrs Watanabe

“Take this box up stairs to your room” was Mrs Takashi’s reply, she handed Zuri a box and carried on unpacking in the kitchen.

Zuri nodded and headed upstairs into her room. Her room was an average sized room with a huge window that looked out toward the sunset.

After unpacking Zuri decided to explore her new home, she wanted to get familiar with all the surroundings. Zuri walked to Daichi’s room he was her little brother. Daichi had black scruffy hair and big wide eyes. He was playing with some of his toys. As Zuri entered he looked up at her with a large goofy grin, his two front teeth showing. Zuri smiled down at him and watched him play with his toys.

Zuri walked back toward her bedroom and opened the window letting the wind flow in and brush through her hair, she smiled. The sun was nearly fully set. The colours in the sky looked like a painting it was that astonishing and beautiful. Zuri stepped out on the window ledge on her tiptoes, like a cat; she glanced around the town looking down at the busy road. She smiled and looked at a few stars starting to appear in the sky.

A ripple in the sky opened up revealing a disgusting creature with a white mask. The creature seemed to be part monkey and cat. It had a cat’s body and a monkeys head, hands and legs. The creature let out a screech. Zuri winced but Daichi remained unmoved for he couldn’t hear the noise of the terrible creature.

Zuri watched as the creature created havoc within the town, it scared her that no-one else saw it, only her. No-one would run because they had nothing to run from.

The ground shook as the creature trudged its way through the town. Daichi wailed; snot oozed out his nose as the ground shook even more.

Zuri grabbed her younger brother and placed him in his cot, a mobile was hanging above his cot, she twisted the nozzle and watched as the noise of the mobile gently drowned out that horrific creature and gently started putting him to sleep.

Zuri walked toward the window once more and glanced at the creature. It was screaming into the air and crashing its feet down on the town below it. A shadow rose up into the air and sliced its sword into the creature cutting its arm off. The shadow was a boy with orange hair and brown eyes his name was; Ichigo Kurosaki the Substitute Death God he was accompanied by a short girl with black hair and dark eyes her name was Rukia Kuchiki she was the whole reason Ichigo became a Death God.

Ichigo jumped once more toward the creature and sliced it down the mask, it evaporated and disappeared into thin air leaving no trace, and it’s as if it was never there to begin with. He rejoined Rukia on the ground and sighed heaving his sword over his shoulder leaving it, his stance just emitted the one word ‘cool’. He had a reputation to keep up; even if only Rukia could see him he still wanted to keep that reputation.

“That it, Rukia?” Ichigo mumbled looking at the sun setting.

“For now” Rukia muttered her reply and started walking forward toward Ichigo’s house.

Ichigo followed Rukia back to his house, once he got there he leaned his head against his bed post and placed both hands on the back of his head and looked up toward his ceiling thinking intently.

Ichigo and Rukia didn’t speak; they were in silence, not an awkward silence but a nice friendly silence, something they were both use to and both preferred. Yuzu; a 12 year-old girl with brown hair and brown eyes called Ichigo, her brother, and Rukia down for dinner.

They silently walked down the stairs where Ichigo was tackled by his father.

“HHIIIYAA!!!!” His father screamed kicking him in the head.

Ichigo reacted quickly and kicked his father toward the wall shaking his fist at while muttering curse words under his breath.

“Damn bastard” Ichigo muttered.

The whole family ate the dinner in silence but every now and then there would be the odd conversation about school, work and the usual things.

Once the dinner was over Ichigo walked Rukia to the front faking saying goodbye when he knew he’d see her in his room as soon as he got there.

Ichigo walked up to his room to see Rukia staring out the window, she was concentrating on something, trying to figure it out. She sensed something out there with a strong spiritual power, it wasn’t a threat but it was worrying. She felt it would lead to more hollows coming to this town and creating havoc. Whoever owned the strong spiritual power was in great danger.

“What is it Rukia?” Ichigo asked looking out the window as well.

“I sense some great spiritual power somewhere in this town, but then it just disappears” Rukia said not taking her eyes off the sight in front of her “There spiritual power is just like yours Ichigo”

Ichigo sighed “If it isn’t a threat, can’t it wait till morning?”

“Hm” was Rukia’s reply, she then walked over to his closet and laid down waiting for sleep to consume her.