Chapter 34

~Kimbriella POV~

Staring out the ground as I walk, somehow I still manage to stumble as I hear the faint sound of a motor in the distance. I guess that meant they were coming for me. Sighing, I sit down, carefully fingering the ring in my pocket. No sense in walking anymore when they're already on their way.

After a few minutes, a small vehicle appears, bumping over the hilly landscape. I continue to watch, and as they get closer, I can make more detail. Both were male, had remarkably similar builds. I blanch when I recognize them. Well, one, at least.

''Are you guys twins?'' I tilt my head. They look a tad bit taken aback at this unusual greeting.

''Yeah, what's it to you?'' The one driving questions me rudely. I shrug. ''Just curious.''

''Sorry about him. He's in a bad mood.'' The other twin speaks up, glancing at me apologetically.

''Permanently?''

''Hey!'' The annoying, standoffish remarks.

''Hey what? I know you're the one from my dream, you creep.'' I glare at him.

''I'm Kaden and the not-so-nice one is Decker.'' The kinder twin speaks up kindly.

''Get in.'' Says Decker shortly.

''Excuse me?''

''I said, get in.''

''Don't speak to me that way ever again.''

He scoffs at this. ''Why would I listen to you? We're the ones taking you prisoner.''

''Because I'm the one who was born with Alpha blood, and my mate-'' I extend my neck, showing off my mark. ''-is also an Alpha who could you to pieces if I called him. I could shift and run away, and you wouldn't be able to catch me. As is, I could leave, and you wouldn't be able to stop me. I'd raise up the pack army and attack, not that I know we're close to the general area of your hideout. SO you'd better shut your mouth before I escape, or your boss'll have your head.''

''How do you know I'm not the boss?'' He asks indignantly.

''Because you don't have enough brains to be behind the whole operation.'' I say dryly. ''At the very least, you and your brother are partners, but I'not seeing that either. No, you'll be taking me to your boss. Now scooch over so I can sit.''

Gaping, Decker stares at me. Kaden shoulders him over, making room. I sit down. ''Now drive, already!''

Numbly, he presses the gas pedal and we take off.

~~~~

I gaze up at the huge house, almost as big as our pack house. Funny, I thought we were unusually big for a pack. Which others could be using a house this big, with so much land?

''You might want to hurry.'' A soft voice startles me. I hadn't head Kaden creeping up. That guy was like a ninja. Super stealthy. ''The boss hates waiting.'' With the warning, he moves ahead of me, brown hair ripping in the self-created wind caused by walking. It was brown, but more of a sandier, lighter brown, definitely lighter than Ryker's.

His hair was longer than his brother's, and they shared skin tones, as well as body types-medium height but definitely toned underneath their shirts. You could tell, especially because of the shapely forearms that extend from their t-shirts. And I could feel it, too, when Decker's muscled physique bumped me from behind on his way to the doorstep.

''Was that really necessary?'' I sigh as I begin to head after him. He turns around to respond, his with teeth glistening in the light of the rising sun.

''Was it really necessary to break away from my kiss in the dream?''

''Uh, duh!'' I roll my eyes.

''Then yes.'' He sniffs arrogantly, and shuts the door in my face.

''Very mature.'' I yell, opening it again. I come face to face with the last person I had anticipated meeting. Ryan Homelock. Fittingly, he greets me in stereotypical evil mastermind fashion.

''Well, well, well we meet again, Kimbriella Canterbury.''

~~~~~~~

~Ryker POV~

I awkwardly remove my hand from Brinley's grip. ''So.. uh, where do we start?''

She stares at me disdainfully. ''Do you watch no crime TV shows?''

''Uh.. no..I'm constantly busy with Alpha duties-''

''Well, since you cleary have no idea what to do, I'm taking over. I know this might be a little difficult for you, since you're the hotshot, used to always being in charge. Mr. Alpha, all that jazz.'''

I steam at this description. ''Of course I'm in charge!'' I roar. ''That's what being the Alpha means.''

Unfazed, she continues. ''In this investigation, you're not okay? Like I said, you don't know a thing about how to go bout doing this, so I'm hereby stripping you of your title when you're around me''

''You can't strip me of 'my title', as you put it.'' I scoff at her ridiculous behavior. ''I can, and I will. You wanna find her? Then hand me your keys, and follow along.'' She motions, heading straight for my car.

Huffing in annoyance, I follow. Kimbriella, I hope we find you fast, because I don't know how much longer I can deal with you friend. I mumble mentally. My wold chooses to respond, despite the fact that I wasn't talking to him.

Poor human boy that has to deal with her. I laugh aloud. Agreed, Sawyer.. agreed.

''What's so funny?'' She calls from my car.

''Nothing!'' I say quickly to avoid incurring more of her wrath.

''Hurry up! Time's a wasting!''

Rolling my eyes, a habit I had rapidly picked up from Kimbriella, I follow.