Chapter 13

~Kimbriella POV~

Since I tend to be a little directionally challenged, I pull out my phone and type in Keenan's address, letting it tell me where I need to go.

Within a half hour, I'm arrived at Keenan's house and park my car. Another car, sleek red in color, blocks me from pulling in all the way. I don't recognize it, but decide it doesn't matter, for now at least.

Gently closing the door, I step out of the car, the light summer breeze blowing my hair away from my face.

Dinggg Donggg. The doorbell chimes and I tap my foot impatiently, annoyed and wanting to talk to Keenan, to explain why I haven't been around. Not the whole story ofcourse -I wouldn't want him to think I'm insane. Telling your boyfriend you're a werewolf would not be a good thing to spring on him out of the blue.

The door opens, and I look up to see....not Keenan. A blond haired girl stands in the doorway, her tall, willowy frame dwarfing my own. The length of her legs were approximately the length of half my body.

''Um..Hi.'' I give a small smile.

''Hey! I'm Mia!'' She exclaims, grabbing my hand from its place at my side and pumping it up and down enthusiastically. ''I'm assuming you're here for Keenan?''

I nod. She seems quite friendly.

''KEENAN!'' She yells, the volume of her voice deafening. Boy, she's got a set of lungs on her.., I think to myself.

''Yeah?'' My boyfriend appears in the doorway. ''Oh, Kim.'' His tone doesn't exactly sound encouraging.

''What do you want Kim?'' Keenan asks, I frown at his impatient, borderline rude tone.

''I just came to talk to you.''

Mia drags me inside. ''There's no need..'' Keenan does his best to protest, but Mia will hear nothing for it.

''I'll be in the living room. Let me know when you're finished!''

His mouth opens to say something, presumably to try and stop her, but she hurries away, her long strides eating up the carpeted ground easily.

''Why are you so averse to talking?'' I ask him, crossing my arms.

''Well, a relationship is supposed to be all about communication, isn't it?'' He glares at me.

''I guess it's good, yes-''

''Then why haven't I seen or heard of you for close to a month? I haven't known quite what to think!''

''It's complicated-''

''It's complicated? It's complicated! Would it be to complicated to send me a simple text stating that you aren't dead?''

''Stop being so over dramatic and let me talk.'' I roll my eyes.

''Fine. Talk.''

''My parents are forcing me to go to this... family friend's house for the whole summer. I wasn't supposed to leave- I'm actually not supposed to be here right now.''

''That doesn't explain why you couldn't have texted, or called.''

''He hates me texting you.''

''He? Who is he?''

''The family friend's... son.''

''Why? What does he have against me?''

''He's just.. super overprotective.'' I make a face.

''Well that's ridiculous.''

''I agree!'' I nod.

''I oughta talk to him, give him a piece of my mind.'' Out of the corner of my eye, I see movement outside the window.

''Um, you might get a chance to.''

A harsh knock on the door startles me to the point of jumping. It sounds less like someone is trying to knock on the door, and more like they're trying to pound the door down.

I make eye contact with Keenan, before moving to open the door.To my absolute horror, Ryker stands before us, he looks more furious than I've ever seen him, which is saying a lot.

''Kimbriella.'' His tone is so cold it literally gives me chills.

''Ryker.'' I swallow. ''Keenan, this is Ryker, our family friend's son. Ryker this is Keenan. My....boyfriend.''

''Pleasure to meet you.'' Keenan tries to be polite.

''I'll be taking her home now.'' Ryker takes ahold of my arms.

''Actually, I think the three of us should talk.'' Keenan clutches my other arm.

''Let's not play tug-of-war.'' I say, carefully removing both of my arms from their grasps.

''Who do you think you are, trying to hold Kim hostage from the rest of the world?'' Keenan inches closer to Ryker. I silently pray that he won't go on a long rant about his Alpha heritage.

''Obviously, I haven't been holding her hostage. She has proved that she is perfectly capable of escaping.'' His cold detachment is beginning to freak me out.

''Ryker...''

Keenan refuses to let me finish.

''I can tell you one thing -she won't be going back with you. So feel free to leave.'' This ignites Ryker's fury.

''I can tell you one thing -she's coming with me. So back off.'' Ryker takes a step forwards towards Keenan.

''Hey, no need to go all alpha male -she's not your property.'' The irony of this comment is so absurd that I burst out laughing.

''Kim, this isn't funny.'' Keenan suddenly switches from backing me to being against me. Since he can't possibly understand the circumstances. I don't try to explain my sudden fit of giggles.

''Kimbriella, say goodbye.''

''Not a chance.'' I roll my eyes.

''Bro, you can't-''

''I'm not your bro.'' Ryker growls, his voice extremely scary and intimidating and, in fact, sounding very Alpha male, and very attractive.

''Okay, that's it.'' Keenan throws a punch at Ryker's face. Unfortunately for him, Ryker sees the punch and easily blocks it. Flinging it aside, he pulls back his fist, intent on retaliation.

''Ryker, no!'' He turns to look me straight in the eyes, then turns away. is first trembles in place for a few seconds, which seem to tick by endlessly, he ever so slowly lowers his fist.

Wide eyed, Keenan stumbles away.

''Break up with her.''