Part 8

"You did WHAT!!" Joey screeched and dropped a bunch of clothes on the ground.They were currently doing laundry for all of the Ladies and Lords, and Ra knows who else lived in the palace. It wasn't the worst job in the world, in fact it was pretty peaceful hanging up clothes to dry.

That is until Yugi told Joey what happened that morning.

Yugi slapped Joey across the face "Shut up! Do you want everyone to hear you."

"Yug', you almost killed the new Pharaoh... this is bad. Really bad." Joey whispered.

"I didn't get caught so we're fine but, we need to start listening in on the meetings going on in the throne room"

"And how are we going to do that oh-brilliant-one?" Joey asked with a hint of sarcasm.

"... I haven't thought about it, but once I come up with a plan I'll inform you immediately."

"Hey! You too, stop talking and get back to work!" a guard ordered and he walked by.

'We'll talk later.' Yugi mouthed and started picking up some of the clothes Joey dropped.

Joey nodded and both of them kept hanging up clothes to dry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where you even paying attention to the meeting?" Atemu said as he and Seto walked threw the palace.

"Not really, my mind was... somewhere else."

Atemu smirked "It wouldn't have anything to do with that slave would it. You know the one that totally mouthed you off this morning."

"I don't understand how a slave could have such... confidence and she actually yelled at me."

"Have you tried courting her yet?" Atemu asked. "She sounds perfect for you."

"No... I want to see more of her."

"Uhhhhh......"

"NOT LIKE THAT YOU IDIOT!" Seto slapped Atemu in the back of the head. Atemu glared at Seto and rubbed his wounded head.

"Your lucky your my cousin." he pouted

"And your lucky I only slapped the back of your head!"

"PHARAOH!"

Atemu and Seto turned around to see a servant bowing. "Your presence is needed in the front of the palace."

"What for?" Atemu asked.

"To check out the new recruits for his majesty's army."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Oh...my...Ra..." Atemu's eyes widened at the thousands of people lined up in front of his palace.

"And these are only the recruits from this week..." Seto said in awe.

"MAKE WAY FOR HIS MAJESTY PHARAOH ATEMU!" a guard shouted and all of them made there way into straight rows facing the front of the palace.

Atemu walked down each row. 'All of these people... all of them... want to join my army....' Atemu gulped and tried not to think about it to much. It was a lot of pressure to become Pharaoh and everyone here is trusting him with their lives.

"Pharaoh... you don't look well. Are you alright?" The palace healer Ishizu asked concerned.

"Umm... yeah, I just need... to lay down." Atemu said and started walking back inside.